The Work & Glory Movies

GeoRioux

• 3 weeks later...

I watched the films a few years ago and they left me wanting more. I wanted to know how the story ends, so I started reading the books. I am currently reading book number 6 of 9. The films are a little bit different than the books. From my understanding the reason why no more movies are being made was because the movies lost money. The person who funded the movies decided to pull his money out of the movies because he lost so much money. I wish there could be at least 2 more films in this series. I encourage everyone to read the books. Gerald Lund is a terrific author.

• 1 year later...
Hidden

Read and own the books. Love them. Watched and own the movies. Love them. But they aren't the books.

I don't think the movies lost money as much as there wasn't a large enough market for all nine movies. When the 2nd movie was in production is when the announcement was made that they would end it on the third movie. I was and am sad about the decision but I do understand. Everyone wants to be paid.