Garment Wearing

krp5

I wonder if other men have the same difficulty with wearing garment bottoms without any additional support.

I find wearing just the authorized garment does not give me much appreciated support; I wear a supportive "brief" under the garment to relieve the desire to frequently "re-adjust."

I just wonder if other men have this experience.

Nope. Haven't had this problem.

I'm not even going there. :P Wait..that didn't come out right. I'm not...oh nevermind. You get the idea.

I have had some problems in this area and I have had another problem with rashes – only when I lived down south in high humidity. Here is what I have learned:

The boxer types that are made to wick away sweat work extremely well in regard to making a certain area of my body cooler and dealing with rashes. However, I do not like the lack of support and find faster movement (such as playing basketball in the driveway) causes discomfort. The cotton briefs do the opposite – they provide good enough support, but increase the heat and sweating in this area – which then contributes to heat rash ) again, when I lived in the south with high humidity).

I have found the new under-armor type to be the best in the summer or in heavy sweating areas (e.g., inside work in the heat). They wick away sweat, keep things cooler, and give good enough support. I still have some support problems – but I think they are the best in regard to your issue and the ones I have had. I usually wear them in the summer and the cotton type (briefs and boxers) in the winter. However, when just hanging out or doing activities that require little fast movement and little sweating (e.g., sitting in a boat fishing in the fall, going to church), I like boxers the most.

KRP5, have you tried the newer under-armor type?

Are you talking about the under-armor brand or is there a "under-armor type of garment?

I have tried the under-armor brand boxer shorts, but I really prefer a brief style to keep everything from moving.

There are support brief type garments available. I bought a pair and decided I don't need that kind of 'support'. Personally, I find these types of threads silly. I wasn't used to hanging free-and-easy when I first started wearing garments, but was used to them by the end of my mission. I had a companion from Kanab, Utah who felt they were too constricting. It seems he rarely wore any underwear at all growing up on the ranch.

I think most people can find a type and style that they can become accustomed to wearing. Some non-members wear boxers just as loose as garments for years and wouldn't think of stuffing themselves into briefs. You eventually figure out how to adjust yourself and your movements without thinking about it and making a big scene or production out of it.

Krp5:

I am referring to a new type of garment that was created maybe a year or so ago that is an under-armor type of garment. It fits a lot tighter and has provided me with much better support. Sometimes there might be some discomfort related to a certain body part stuck sideways instead of downward (assuming downward is normal – but who knows) – but I agree with John Doe, there are other ways to adjust yourself that can be helpful (e.g., certain leg movements). I am not sure if I agree with John on learning movements that can prevent problems – but there really are discreet ways to adjust.

May I ask if you are a convert to the church? I am a little surprised that you were not aware of this type of garment.

John:

With my last sentence stated to Krp5, I am not sure I know what you mean by support type brief garments. Are too simply referring to brief style garment bottoms that are snugger?

John:

With my last sentence stated to Krp5, I am not sure I know what you mean by support type brief garments. Are too simply referring to brief style garment bottoms that are snugger?

No, there are support bottoms available for men. They are much snugger than regular brief-type garments. The one I bought is a slick material and is 79% polyester and 21% spandex.

Krp5:

I looked at the back tag of what I am calling the “under-armor garment type” and John is correct, it’s a 79% polyester and 21% spandex. I do not find them as comfortable as under-armor – but I have found the support to be much better than other garments and they do wick away sweat – so they are great for support in hot environments. I really like them – but they fit fairly tight, just like under-armor. However, the advantage can sometimes simultaneously create problems. For example, this garment type is better than any other in keeping a certain body part pointed downward when untimely erections occur in everyday life, but if nature beats out human design, it can get stuck sideways or upward afterwards, which then needs adjustment, usually quickly!!! :(. But for just everyday normal body movement – assuming that is your adjustment problem – I think they are the best.

Hidden

Honor:

Great question!!!!:)

Others:

This is a silly question that I have wanted to ask and has no relevance to anything serious in life. However, I keep wanting to ask, so here it goes.

In my previous post I stated that one of the problems with the new under-armor garment bottom for men is that it can cause a flaccid penis to get stuck in a sideways or upward position, rather than a downward position. I find this uncomfortable. I have always assumed most men point it downward when flaccid. However, once and awhile when changing in a locker room I see men that position it upward. I obviously can’t ask them and staring is probable not the right things to do. :o

May I ask, are there men who actually position it upward? Perhaps this occurs more with non-LDS men because they can pick differing underwear that fit more tightly, and thus can position it this way. Perhaps under-armor garment types then do not cause a discomfort for men who postion it upward.

And I know it’s a non-serious and silly question.

Hidden

As I stated earlier I have not tried these new "under-armor" bottom garments.

With risk of sharing too much information, I wear a supportive brief, or thong, or athletic supporter under my garments so my penis stays pointed up out of the way and provides more room between the legs whether flaccid or not. I imagine that the first loin cloths/thongs were designed for this purpose. When I have worn biking shorts for cycling or jammers for swimming I have had problems with my penis staying put. I find it uncomfortable and sometimes painful to not have such support/separation, and irritating to frequently have to adjust.

I realize this is probably a non-serious and silly issue for most, but it is not for me. Being comfortable is a big deal for me, and yes, this does make a big difference. I have been curious if this has been an issue for other men and how they have dealt with it.

I'll have to try these "new" "under-armor" garments. Thank you for informing me about these garments.

Hidden

Krp5:

I appreciate your honest reply. Like you, I think such a discussion can be helpful – as long as it stays within an appropriate level. Like you, I am walking a fine line between address this subject and not being too personal.

For the most part, my problem is different than yours. My problem is hiding untimely public erections. Like most men, erections occur for differing reasons (not just sexual arousal) and even in my late 30’s I still get them (untimely) and it is very difficult to hide this. That is why although I like the feel of boxer type garments (the freedom and movement when flaccid) I prefer the under-armor type because (1) it does the best of keeping it downward when becoming semi-erect (but not full), and (2) it keeps it against the body in an upward when erect (which might still be somewhat obvious – but clearly not as obvious). In short, it keeps it tight against the body, whether upward or downward (which is what a good jock strap is supposed to do flaccid and downward). But I find it terrible uncomfortable when it gets stuck upward after an erection – which happens often (if not always) with the under-armor type because of its tightness. I am assuming the upward position feels much better for you – which is the exact opposite for me, and at least provides me on example of why a man would want to point it upward in everyday life.

Your problem, on the other hand, is with the flaccid penis and I’ll let those men with similar problems address it. Flaccid, I think I am like most men, there are times it gets in the way and does not stay put – but it does not cause that much discomfort. However, you need to try the new under-armor types, I think you will find them helpful.