New Family Search Indexing

RonRoberson

Hello. I accidentally stumbled across this site in attempting to log into NFS Indexing. I was actually looking for some technical support. I am a veteran of Indexing, but it has been a couple of years since I last did any of it. At the time of my last work with Indexing, my wife and I had done more than 250,000 names. When I recently tried to resume my efforts, none of our user name or password information will any longer open the Indexing site. Apparently I need some new instruction. How do I get started in Indexing these days?

- rjr -

• 1 year later...

I just signed up at the church's site: https://familysearch.org/volunteer/indexing to do some indexing.

Downloaded everything last night around 5PM, and now have indexed over 200 names.

Figured that since I am on the computer so much anyway, I might as well do this as play solitaire!

You don't have to be LDS to do this work either - go take a look, sign up, download and start indexing.

You need to call and get your account fixed.

Applepansy, check out the date of the OP - 2010 - and it is his only post.

I just posted in his because it was pretty much the same topic, Indexing.

Is any one else on the forum doing the indexing? Thinking of doing it? It is so easy, and fascinating. I thought my ancestors had the strangest names (Weather for a girl, Thankful for a girl, Medad for a guy), but some of the names I have recently done sure make my ancestors names seem tame!

applepansy, check out the date of the op - 2010 - and it is his only post.

I just posted in his because it was pretty much the same topic, indexing.

Is any one else on the forum doing the indexing? Thinking of doing it? It is so easy, and fascinating. I thought my ancestors had the strangest names (weather for a girl, thankful for a girl, medad for a guy), but some of the names i have recently done sure make my ancestors names seem tame!

oops!

Posted Image

Edited by applepansy

Iggy, I haven't done indexing. I'm the family history consultant in my ward. I have been trying to learn Family Tree really well so I can help ward members. Family Tree is now available to everyone without the invite link. Its amazing.

new.familysearch.org will be shut down early 2013 or earlier according to Ron Tanner.