The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis.

Dr T

I finished The Screwtape Letters next written by C.S. Lewis. This little book was incredible! I enjoyed and marveled at Lewis’ ingenious way of capturing the subtleties of how to tempt an average Joe human and wrote a bunch of letters by uncle Screwtape, a senior demon, to his nephew Wormwood. His advice was full of ways to keep Woomwood’s human from eternal salvation and to ensnare him to keep him for Satan. Lewis wrote this book so well it really struck me and often made me say, “Yeah I can see where you get that” and “wow, you are a good demon!” Lewis covered a lot of important topics in these letters. I really liked his writing about Democracy and how he tempts us to consider how any differences are a foothold for people to believe they are below other people if they are different in any way-smarter, look better than others, etc. I also liked the Toast part that was given at a demon school. I liked the whole book. This book was 160 pages and I would easily give it 5 out of 5 stars.

I've read Mere Christianity too. I did really enjoy that one too. Those two books were different though. In this one he seemed to just nail the fine points of temptation. I'd highly recommend Mere Christianity too. Good call sir. :)

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...