Animals in the Gospel

Tsem

I'd like to open a discussion about animals with an eternal perspective.

Are animals spiritually begotten by animals with celestial bodies? "all things after their kind"

Are animals tested in mortality? The snake in Moses was "led away" by Satan, and was cursed because of it.

Do animals have a higher intelligence than we see in this life? The Donkey given permission to speak, explaining he can't go forward cause theres an angel in his way.

Are animals spiritually begotten by animals with celestial bodies? "all things after their kind"

Are animals tested in mortality? The snake in Moses was "led away" by Satan, and was cursed because of it.

Do animals have a higher intelligence than we see in this life? The Donkey given permission to speak, explaining he can't go forward cause theres an angel in his way.

Animals do not require baptism and are not participants in the same kind of covenants as mankind is in respect to the plan of salvation. Those that understand the mission of Christ understand that all things created should be respected and viewed with gratitude. However, the covenant of man is to love G-d and their neighbor.

Anyone that prioritizes their affections for animals over that of G-d and mankind rejects the covenants and commandments of Christ.

The Traveler

I've often wondered about animals in regards to spirits, intelligences, etc. All creatures were created to multiply within their own sphere, and find joy therein. That implies some level of intelligence, at least one strong enough to understand joy. The scriptures also teach about different levels of intelligences.

And if we want to get on intelligences, Cleon Skousen's talk on the Atonement and intelligences is amazing.

Good questions. Not much in the sscriptures other than they'll be perfected and will dwell within their own sphere (which to me means what perfection is for them and how they will dwell within heaven).

(Old Testament | Proverbs 12:10)

10 A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.

Thank you "Changed".

I have often used this verse ever since sthe mid 60'd concerning this subject.

We all have our sphere in which we follow that which is right in God's Eyes.

I read a book once called "The Miracle". Unfortunately, I do not remember the name of the author, and there are a lot of books with that title, so I won't be much help in finding it. However, it was written by an LDS person, but targeted toward a world audience and so included no exact LDS references. The person had a near death experience when in a coma for a short period.

During this experience, the person was allowed to visit "spirit paradise". He was guided around by a relative, shown many things, and asked if he would like to stay or return and share his experience. One of the things he saw was the plants and animals. He was told that these each have spirits and purposes unique to their nature.

I believe that animals (and plants) each have their own spirit. They each have their own purpose. It was not their purpose to be tested, as is ours. It was their purpose to fill the earth with joy, life, balance, beauty, diversity, companionship, food, etc. They are the supporting roles to humanity. They have a form of intelligence different (not less) than our own. The huge disparity in the differences makes it difficult to understand them. We have enough difficulty understanding the differences in intellignece of our own kind, let alone animals. Their intelligence and emotional nature has long been discounted, only to find science slowly proving them to be more intelligent and more emotional than we've previously given them credit for.

Nevertheless, their main purpose is to support us. It is part of our purpose to be good stewards and caretakers of the earth and its inhabitants.