We just found out...

JThimm88

My husband and I just found out that we're having a girl in March. It feels cool to know the little kiddo I've been talking to in my tummy for a while is officially our little Ava Ruth. :)

Anyone have pointers on raising little girls? I'm incredibly nervous (even though I grew up with 4 sisters, my twin and I are the youngest)!

Yay for little girls! My daughter is the best toy I ever bought!

Take her camping early and often. Teach her to love the outdoors. Buy her trucks and cars and tools and dolls and princess movies. Give her lots of hugs (especially from dad). And mom, get used to not being her favorite person. That's always going to be Daddy's role.

Congratulations! My daughter is a March baby, she is now 22. My pediatrician told me that the smartest kids are born in March. :) I don't have advice for specifically girls; but you will find as you get to know her better how things work best for her - each baby is different. Enjoy every minute, they grow up fast.

M.

Edited by Maureen

Yay for little girls! My daughter is the best toy I ever bought!

Take her camping early and often. Teach her to love the outdoors. Buy her trucks and cars and tools and dolls and princess movies. Give her lots of hugs (especially from dad). And mom, get used to not being her favorite person. That's always going to be Daddy's role.

awww

Congratulations! My daughter is a March baby, she is now 22. My pediatrician told me that the smartest kids are born in March. :) I don't have advice for specifically girls; but you will find as you get to know her better how things work best for her - each baby is different. Enjoy every minute, they grow up fast.

M.

Yes March babies are the best!!!hahaha Im a march baby :P

Thanks everyone. So far I think the thing I'm most nervous for is when she's 16... teenagers are sassy. I know I was. ;) My husband talked with my mom today and he said he's not letting our daughter date, haha. Oh geez.

The only thing I can say to this is, don't make things bigger than they are when raising kids. For example, if your daughter comes home 10 minutes late, don't over react, just be glad she's home safe and sound. In some households, 10 minutes late is grounds for grounding, which to me is over the top. Be fair and reasonable with your kids. Teach them by example, if you're polite and respectful, it will rub off.

M.