good to meet you

jennvan

Hello Everyone,

I thought I would stop by and introduce myself as directed by my good friend beefche. :)

I'm not so young anymore and sometimes wonder where life has gone. Despite that, I love my life and am grateful for the hand of the Lord in it daily. I just graduated with a master's degree in marriage and family therapy and am in the process of starting a private practice. My favorite part of what I do is bring God into the therapy room and turn people back to their relationship with Him, regardless of their religion. So few therapists do that and I love that I get to do that. It is essentially the love of my life. Now if only I could find a real life man to fill that spot. :)

Outside of that, I enjoy spending time with friends and family. I enjoy seeing new places and try to travel when I can. I'm of the mid-singles age and it has been a struggle for me for many years.

I'm currently looking to motivate myself to get back into sewing since my mom gave me an amazing new sewing machine. I used to know how to sew but I think all my graduate school info had to push older info out of my brain. :) But I hope it comes back soon.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask.

Despite that, I love my life and am grateful for the hand of the Lord in it daily. I just graduated with a master's degree in marriage and family therapy and am in the process of starting a private practice.

I recommend you stay out of the relationship advice forum. :D Not that we don't trust your knowledge but I can only imagine how ground down your teeth would get from being grit over everyone else offering advice. :)

Welcome Jenn. Beefche's a good person, except she lives on the wrong side of Indy.... Hopefully Mid-Singles will be able to help both of you. However, I know a few nice guys in the older-Singles group, who need someone who can push their wheelchairs around for them. Of course, they do have a nice pension plan for you....

beefche: no way would I not let people know you are a friend. You are just too awesome. :) I'll take the hazing.

Dravin: oh, yes....its already happening. I had to stop reading the relationship stuff, it was actually making my head feel like it wanted to explode. :)

Dr T: what makes you ask about my being Dutch?

Maya: thanks for the welcome, I appreciate it.

rameumptom: I must live on the really bad side of Indy since I don't live in Indy. :) I am hopeful about mid-singles but so many people just don't really get mid-singles and it frustrates me. They say they do get it but in reality people just want to run mid-singles like an older YSA or youth group, among many things. Thanks for the thoughts on the older singles but I'm not sure I'm that hopeless yet. :)

Welcome Jenn...and the REAL question is which side of the river you are on....the North side or the South side?

:D I don't like to participate in rivalries.

I also don't take sides on the state schools thing either even though I graduated from one of them. I think its silly that people don't like me/ignore me based on the school I attended. And I think its silly that I should do that to other people.

And don't even get me started on the sports stuff.... :eek:

Very cool Jen, thanks. It was a good guess I guess. :)

I'm thinking you probably know something about the Dutch since you said that. Most people when they see my whole name say, WOAH. Or "you must be German". I just tell them, Nope, I'm Dutch. Then they get all weird because they thought they were smart to say I was German. :) I even had someone one time in a temple tell me what he thought my name meant. I actually know what my name means from the family research we've done and it was NOTHING like what he said. But I just let it go, no need to upset a nice old man about something like that. ^_^

:D I don't like to participate in rivalries.

I also don't take sides on the state schools thing either even though I graduated from one of them. I think its silly that people don't like me/ignore me based on the school I attended. And I think its silly that I should do that to other people.

And don't even get me started on the sports stuff.... :eek:

being new, you probably didn't see my tongue in my cheek. I only meant it in fun, as long as you are from the northland. If not I was dead seriously only just kidding...lol:lol::lol::lol:

And as far as sports go, I don't care really either except to say that The Chiefs have won more games than the chargers!:P