Lands of America in Bible prophecy ?

Gerasim

Are there prophecy verses in Bible that saying about lands of America ?

I have find one page ... The Two Sticks Ten Biblical Proofs of the Book of Mormon

Can some one tell me more, please.

Thank You

looks like that covered about all the ones I know of, except perhaps Isaiah 29:1-10

Nephi seems to think that the term "isles of the sea" includes the Americas.

But great are the promises of the Lord unto them who are upon the isles of the sea; wherefore as it says isles, there must needs be more than this, and they are inhabited also by our brethren.

He says this in the middle of his Isaiah discourses, so the isles of the sea mentioned in that book point to Lehi's land.

While it's very probable that some Biblical prophets saw the dispersal of the Nephites and the coming forth of the Book of Mormon, I think we need to be very careful about taking any Biblical passages as "proof texts". Isaiah, in particular, was a master of dual prophecy; and the Book of Mormon can be a fulfillment of a prophecy without being the fulfillment of a prophecy.

One example (not dealing with the Book of Mormon): Isaiah 7:14 ("A virgin shall conceive . . .") - refers directly to the birth of a child during the reign of Ahaz of Judah; the birth of Christ is another fulfillment of the same prophecy but isn't the one that most concerned Ahaz.

Now, looking at the Book of Mormon:

--Isaiah 29 has a far more obvious (and, IMHO, likely) application to the impending fate of the city of Jerusalem, than it does to the Book of Mormon. This has been discussed recently on this forum.

--Similarly--the "stick of Ephraim/stick of Joseph" business might apply to the Book of Mormon/Bible; but the interpretation most Jewish scholars follow has to do with the unification of the rival kingdoms (Israel and Judah) under a single divine Ruler.

We should also bear in mind that Nephi, speaking of Isaiah, says that he likens those writings to himself and his people. In other words, Nephi is grafting a new layer of meaning onto pre-existing scripture that he himself doesn't necessarily claim was there to begin with. We don't know objectively whether Isaiah was thinking of the Nephites when he wrote "isles of the sea"--only that his writings can be applied that way. As you closely read, for example, 2 Ne 26-27, you see that Nephi isn't really concerned with being textually faithful to Isaiah's original writings--he's merely using Isaiah's vocabulary to explain his own unique prophecies.

Edited by Just_A_Guy

Nephi seems to think that the term "isles of the sea" includes the Americas.

He says this in the middle of his Isaiah discourses, so the isles of the sea mentioned in that book point to Lehi's land.

The ancient meaning for the term that is translated as “isles of the sea” roughly meant land that could only be reaches by crossing the sea. In essence the only possibilities in reference to Jerusalem are islands, Australia or the Americas. Since islands do not really fit with prophesy that leaves us only Australia and the Americas. I believe history eliminates Australia. So if the Old Testament is inspired the Americas is involved in Biblical prophecy. Consider the following:

Isa. 23: 2

2 Be astill, ye inhabitants of the isle; thou whom the merchants of Zidon, that pass over the sea, have replenished.

Isa. 24: 15

15 Wherefore glorify ye the Lord in the afires, even the name of the Lord God of Israel in the isles of the sea.

Isa. 42: 10

10 aSing unto the Lord a new song, and his praise from the end of the earth, ye that go down to the sea, and all that is therein; the isles, and the inhabitants thereof.

Jer. 25: 22

22 And all the kings of aTyrus, and all the kings of bZidon, and the kings of the isles which are beyond the sea,

Ezek. 26: 18

18 Now shall the aisles tremble in the day of thy fall; yea, the isles that are in the sea shall be troubled at thy departure.

Ezek. 27: 3

3 And say unto Tyrus, O thou that art situate at the entry of the sea, which art a merchant of the people for many isles, Thus saith the Lord God; O Tyrus, thou hast said, I am of perfect abeauty.

The reference to Zidon in Isaiah is most interesting because of the name of the main river among the Nephit nation was named after the king of Tyrus and Zidon who was the friend of king David.

The Traveler

I have find one page ... The Two Sticks Ten Biblical Proofs of the Book of Mormon

Thank You

I think 'mystery Babylon' fits, as does the twin towers falling in a hour. Not to mention the google search of 'did Jesus reveal the name of the anti Christ.

"I beheld Satan falling from the heights of heaven' or similar.

I'm sure it's there in Revelation, and elsewhere the 'islands of the sea'.

• 2 months later...

Thank You

Yes. In fact, the shape of the Americas is even talked about.

Isaiah 18:1 Woe to the land shadowing with wings, which is beyond the rivers of Ethiopia:

2 That sendeth ambassadors by the sea, even in vessels of bulrushes upon the waters, saying, Go, ye swift messengers, to a nation scattered and peeled, to a people terrible from their beginning hitherto; a nation meted out and trodden down, whose land the rivers have spoiled!

http://culturedecoded.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/world-map-without-dots.gif

Look at North and South America. Don't they resemble wings? More than that, North America's symbol is the Bald Eagle, an animal with wings. They are the only connecting continents that look like wings. So not only does Isaiah 18:1-2 prophesy of the Americas, it actually gives their specific shape. People want to say the "other sheep" were the Gentiles.

However: Matthew 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

Christ specifically said to NOT go to the Gentiles meaning they were not the other sheep. The verses after 5 state the apostles were to teach to the lost sheep of Israel.

John 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be cone fold, and one shepherd.

Remember, the apostles have already went to the lost sheep Jesus instructed them to teach. That being said, there were still people that haven't been taught by the Savior, those of the Americas.

Jeremiah 49:30 Flee, get you far off, dwell deep, O ye inhabitants of Hazor, saith the Lord; for Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon hath taken counsel against you, and hath conceived a purpose against you.

31Arise, get you up unto the wealthy nation, that dwelleth without care, saith the Lord, which have neither gates nor bars, which dwell alone.

All places in the Middle East of that time had walls so this leaves only the Americas.

Zephaniah 3:10 From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia my suppliants, even the daughter of my dispersed, shall bring mine offering.

The entire continent of Africa was known as Ethiopia at that time.

Genesis 49:22 Joseph is a fruitful bough, even a fruitful bough by a well; whose branches run over the wall:

23 The archers have sorely grieved him, and shot at him, and hated him:

24 But his bow abode in strength, and the arms of his hands were made strong by the hands of the mighty God of Jacob; (from thence is the shepherd, the stone of Israel:)

25 Even by the God of thy father, who shall help thee; and by the Almighty, who shall bless thee with blessings of heaven above, blessings of the deep that lieth under, blessings of the breasts, and of the womb:

26 The blessings of thy father have prevailed above the blessings of my progenitors unto the utmost bound of the everlasting hills: they shall be on the head of Joseph, and on the crown of the head of him that was separate from his brethren.

Notice the "everlasting hills". Now look at this:

http://rroslund.net/_WWW/kidsmagazine1/art/MAPS/WORLDflatmap2.gif

Check out the brown area on North, Central, and South America. And yes, Central America is connected to South America. It's a small bit there. Anyway, the long brown area is a mountain range. That would be the everlasting hills.

Deuteronomy 33:13 And of Joseph he said, Blessed of the Lord be his land, for the precious things of heaven, for the dew, and for the deep that coucheth beneath,

14 And for the precious fruits brought forth by the sun, and for the precious things put forth by the moon,

15 And for the chief things of the ancient mountains, and for the precious things of the lasting hills,

16 And for the precious things of the earth and fulness thereof, and for the good will of him that dwelt in the bush: let the blessing come upon the head of Joseph, and upon the top of the head of him that was separated from his brethren.

17 His glory is like the firstling of his bullock, and his horns are like the horns of unicorns: with them he shall push the people together to the ends of the earth: and they are the ten thousands of Ephraim, and they are the thousands of Manasseh.

You can't get more descriptive than Deuteronomy 33. The Americas have the dew, the valleys (deep that coucheth beneath), fruits, mountains, hills. No other land fits ALL of that. Also, check out 17. That is a perfect verse. Lehi, Nephi, and the others were of the tribe of Manasseh.