Jacob 4:6

pam

Reference Search: Jacob 4:6

6 Wherefore, we search the prophets, and we have many revelations and the spirit of prophecy; and having all these witnesses we obtain a hope, and our faith becometh unshaken, insomuch that we truly can command in the name of Jesus and the very trees obey us, or the mountains, or the waves of the sea.

Jacob must have had faith as the grain of a mustard seed. This is how much faith it takes to move mountains, if ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you (Matt 17:20). There were others with this great power:

1) The Brother of Jared, For the brother of Jared said unto the mountain Zerin, Remove—and it was removed. And if he had not had faith it would not have moved (Ether 12:30).

2) To Nephi the brother of Lehi, the Lord said, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works; yea, even that all things shall be done unto thee according to thy word, for thou shalt not ask that which is contrary to my will…ye shall have power over this people, and shall smite the earth with famine, and with pestilence, and destruction, according to the wickedness of this people…And if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou cast down and become smooth, it shall be done (Hel 10:5-6).

3) Of Enoch Moses wrote, And so great was the faith of Enoch that he led the people of God, and their enemies came to battle against them; and he spake the word of the Lord, and the earth trembled, and the mountains fled, even according to his command (Moses 7:13).