Odd question: Does anyone speak Hebrew?

noband

If so, I really need this line transliterated:

"Come out of the man, unclean spirit!"

I've searched all over the Internet and there are plenty of sites that will translate it into Hebrew characters, but I couldn't find any that translierate to Hebrew in English letters. I'm writting a short story and the line would really sound better in Hebrew.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,

It is difficult to translate from English into Hebrew word for word. Many single Hebrew words can be translated into 3 or 4 English words as there is no direct equivalent. If you translate word for work from English to Hebrew you could end up with a very different meaning.

However, if you do want it transliterating then let me know one of these sites that you mention and I will be happy to do this for you.

Martin

--------------

Welcome to Kosher For Clothes - Modest clothes for Modern Women

Modest Clothes for Modern Women

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply Martin and Volgadon! I was looking to add it as a line in a short story I was writing for the Monsters and Mormons Anthology (Monsters & Mormons | A Motley Vision). I have a jewish friend at work and she asked her Rabbi. He suggested, ""Taytze men haadam, ayin hara!" I don't know if I will get selected, but if I do I will be able to do an edit. Which do you think would be better?

Thanks!

"Taytze men haadam, ayin hara!"

This would translate as "You can leave the man, evil eye." Not quite what you are looking for. The evil eye doesn't posses bodies, it causes misfortunes.

The translation I gave you is based on actual Jewish excorcisms. There was even a failed one in Israel as recently as last year.

• 7 years later...