Serving a Mission

lady

I'm a single lady in my twenties and I've just made the decision to go on a mission. And I really mean JUST! Like yesterday... It feels right but that doesn't stop me feeling just the teeniest little bit TERRIFIED of what I'm going to do.

I'll be talking with my branch president, of course, but in the meantime I live alone far away from any church members so I would really appreciate the advice of any returned missionaries on preparing to serve, the application process, anything really. Just looking for someone to talk to.

Thanks.

You don't like my avatar? Serving a mission is about sharing God's love with everyone, even dinosaurs. Jesus loves dinosaurs! Some of us don't feel much like sheep.

I beg to differ. Clearly, Jesus doesn't love dinosaurs...he wiped them off the face of the earth without so much as offering them an ark.

I don't have much in the way of practical advice. Just stick with it. If you feel that serving is the right thing to do, then I say kudos to you. Go, be who you are, have fun, and give yourself to the work. You'll love it!

I'm a single lady in my twenties and I've just made the decision to go on a mission. And I really mean JUST! Like yesterday... It feels right but that doesn't stop me feeling just the teeniest little bit TERRIFIED of what I'm going to do.

I'll be talking with my branch president, of course, but in the meantime I live alone far away from any church members so I would really appreciate the advice of any returned missionaries on preparing to serve, the application process, anything really. Just looking for someone to talk to.

Thanks.

Trust God, pray lots and study the scriptures really does help. My experience was there was always anxiety before you got your feet wet in whatever endeavor.

That is fantastic. My son is now in Danmark on a mission. I so wished I could have gone on a mission when I was your age... but then I did not know much of the LDS church... only that they were plurallymarried... hahhaha. I am sure you will still meet people who may think that... or they say that they dont tell you everything! Hah!

I am sure it will be fantastic even though sometimes challenging! You may meet people, who want to shake your faith. Just to let you know I been met with all anti accusitions possible and when I have studied them I have found out that they either 1. Dont know the truth. 2. Lie in order to decieve. They leave out certain parts of the whole in order to make their point. Only the spirit will be able to tell you what to do, trust it.

Enjoy your journey!