The 5th Horseman by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro

Dr T

I read the next book as an aside to another book that sickened me but I’ll talk about that one next. I skipped the 4th book in the Woman’s Murder Club series to read James Patterson’s The 5th Horseman. He coauthored this book with Maxine Paetro. Patterson added a new woman, Yuki. When her mother was hospitalized in a huge San Francisco hospital and appeared to be recovering nicely ultimately to die shortly after it raised a number of questions. This book mixed the whodoneit? with Boxer’s use of her intuition more than before. This book brought in medical ethics, technology and murder. Lindsay was working on another case about the car girl. She did not get much sleep, had the whole long distance dating thing with Joe from D.C., and the usual help from of the usual characters. I liked this book fine but it was not the best one so far in my opinion. I do like that the chapters are short and page turners. I’ll give this book a 3.25 and move on to the next one in the series.

I understand what you are saying Ben. Yes, they are intense and page turners and keep me guessing a lot (which I love) but they are easy reads and in that sense "relaxing" for me too. I'm glad you chipped in your thoughts on his books. Thank you Ben. :)

:) This is the first book that I ever finished completely other then his Max series. The other day I picked up the 4th July and 1st to Die I had never read the first one. I always sold it before I ever put it back on the shelf. To be honest I would not have read this series if I had read the first one first. I have read 5,6,7, and 1, in that order. I did like the ending, WOW! what a twist.

I agree his books are page turners. I reviewed the books that I had wondering why the first was diffrent to me. It seemed like every thing that could be put in a book was put into that book. Does that make sense? The other books seem to pull apart that book to build into another book. I know I am saying this wrong. Maybe I am seeing something that was not there.

:) maybe I just have too.... good of imagination and built my own reason why these woman were such strong characters. :)

I liked Yuki. I came close to that path of grief over my own mother. If you do not have something to hang on to, it can destroy you. I was back in the Church when I lost her.

When you read the 1st book at least I understand now, why Lindsay(Boxer) is the way she is. I can not tell you how many times I have talked to that girl in the other books. :)

Edited by zippy_do46