Publish Your Own Book

StrawberryFields

While I was in Saint George Utah a few weeks back I attended The Saint George Parade of Homes. There are usually plenty of vendors as you are leaving the homes. This one caught my eye was about gathering and preserving memories for our families. I met a wonderful woman who had many books to show me and I was really interested in doing something like this. The books are well make and reasonable in price too. An 8x8 Full Color, 26 pages with front and back available to use to equal 48 in all, stitched and library bound for 49.95

She has a website where you can learn more or you can call her and that information is listed there on the website.

http://www.heritagemakers.com/

My take is that even if you use the very best preservation methods, photos and paper are not going to last, or look as good as the first day you do them. Plus if I were to scrapbook, or even do a special book like heritage makers, it will be impossible for everyone to have their own copy of it (scrapbook) or get really expensive (heritage makers). But DVDs will last forever, because you can copy them, and the information on them will stay just as good as the first DVD. Plus it's really cheap to make a copy for everyone.

I sold my still camera awhile ago, and now I only use digital. I'm in the process of scanning all of my family photos in as well. I've finally decided I'm also going to be selling all of my scrapbook stuff on eBay over the next few weeks. ($1000s worth. Yikes!)

I do like the idea of the heritage maker books. I think they turn out really neat. The problem with me and scrapbooking is I spent so much time at it (such a perfectionist). I turned out an hour long DVD of all of my son's photos from the first year, complete with music and commentary from me and my husband, in the same amount of time it was taking me to do 2 scrapbook spreads. Now I know when he gets married, and he wants the DVD, it’s not going to be a big deal to burn him his own copy.