Thrive foods

dahlia

I noticed a commercial for 'www.shelfreliance.com,' on BYU TV and spent some time checking them out. It looks like a good program; the calculator was especially helpful.

With a small family (and maybe just me in another year or so), I don't see the need for big cans and think I can do most of my storage using regular cans from the store. I already do a 2 week food storage program this way.

What I was surprised to see were the TVP products. As a vegan, the TVP products would come in quite handy for protein and flavor, and the prices seemed cheaper than what I've found at some of the online vegan stores.

Has anyone tried the TVP products and know how they taste? Even though they're cheaper than I'm used to, I still don't want to spend $10 for yucky stuff. :(

We purchased a Self Reliance can dispensor last year, and really like it. They had samples of there (Thrive) products which I happily partook. Very good stuff, the dehydrated pineapple tasted like candy so we bought several #10 cans of there dehydrated fruit. We dident try any of there other products, but the fruit was great.

Edited by WyomingEMT

• 3 weeks later...