The 6th Target by James Patterson & Maxine Paetro

Dr T

Book 6 of Patterson's Woman’s Murder Club is titled The 6th Target. He coauthored this book too with Maxine Paetro. The book starts out on a barge with a wild gunman and one of Lindsey’s good friends being shot right in the chest! The book takes off from there. This book was full of things, follows the crazed gunman a serial kidnapper, a couple relationship issues, a pregnancy and court. Parents kept getting their children kidnapped and we try and figure out who who-done-it. The problem I really had with this book was the errors written about as it related to the psych information used. Since reading these books I really thought he was up on his research but in this book it was clear that Patterson was off a lot. He did what he needed to do I guess for the general public’s knowledge but it was not accurate on things. Maybe I just got too caught up on that issue but it just messed it up a bit for me. He is not like Louis L’Amour in his research. I was shocked at the demotion of one of the characters. This book had a lot of personal information also on the characters and it really made me wonder how much Patterson wrote and how much of this book was written by Paetro. It seemed like there was a lot of female writing in this book but that was just my interpretation. It made it interesting but it seemed different in that way. I’m glad I read it and look forward to reading #7 soon. I have that one already but still need to find the 4th in the series. It seems like I missed something by missing a book. I’d give this book 3.75 stars out of 5 stars.