Adam-ondi-Ahman

Bethie

I haven't been on this forum for about 10 months! I've been a LDS convert for about two years now, this month is my baptism anniversary!

Lately, I've been really interested in Adam-ondi-Ahman, I've been studying about it and have two new groups to discuss and learn about it. Maybe someone here is interested too? My groups are:

Adam-ondi-Ahman

and also a group on Facebook.

I'm so glad to see that this forum has a Facebook page too! I'm going there to join right now!!! Great to be back on the forum!:)

I haven't been on this forum for about 10 months! I've been a LDS convert for about two years now, this month is my baptism anniversary!

Lately, I've been really interested in Adam-ondi-Ahman, I've been studying about it and have two new groups to discuss and learn about it. Maybe someone here is interested too? My groups are:

Adam-ondi-Ahman

and also a group on Facebook.

I'm so glad to see that this forum has a Facebook page too! I'm going there to join right now!!! Great to be back on the forum!:)

If I recall right off the bat, it is where Adam performed sacrifices, and where there will be an important gathering there just before the second coming.. and according to Joseph smith it was located in missouri (or mississippi... I always get them mixed up).

It's in Daviess County in N.W. Missouri. I've never been there, but I feel I'm being drawn there. It is a holy place!

Elias S. Woodruff, in On October 1938 Conference address, stated:

I sometimes wish that every member of the Church could have the privilege of going to Liberty, and Richmond, Far West, Adam-ondi-Ahman, and Haun's Mill, on their way east or west, as they come through the Central States Mission, for the impression that it gives them, for the increase in their faith and their reverence for the work that has been performed in this Church by its founders and leaders. [] One cannot stand upon the hill overlooking the valley of Adam-ondi-Ahman without being very deeply impressed with the sacredness of the place. Elias S. Woodruff, Conference Report, October 1938, p. 73.

A number of years ago when I traveled to Adam-ondi-Ahman I saw something I thought was rather strange. In many of the fields along the road I saw lots and lots of surveyor stakes. It is like home plots had been laid out for a city or something – definitely not a layout for farming plots. I also recognized some large junction boxes and stopped to take a closer look. They contained large fiber optic cables. Looking around, I thought to myself there is nothing within miles of this place to warrant this. I thought it to be something like building an ark (boat) on a mountain – miles from water to put it on and the ark being too large to move. Anyway I made some rough calculations that this stuff would support a population well over 200,000.

So I ask my friends that work at the church office building, we all think they know secrets. I was able to find out that the church was involved in “restoration” efforts for land around Adam-ondi-Ahman but no one had heard of anything to this extent. Some of my “contacts” should have known, what if anything was going on.

However, all this does not mean that we cannot start some good old faith promoting rumors. :D

The Traveler

Traveler- most people don't know how much research goes on in that whole area so I would bet that some of what you saw was mapping for research. I live in the area and there are many different types of groups that do archeology research, genealogy research, mapping research and almost anything else you can think of. There are many places in the Farr West, Adam-ondi-ahman, Haun's Mill, and much of the countryside that has ongoing research. Its cool to learn about the things they are finding. It really brings the history of the church to life and gives me hope for the future. Oh and the church owns a TON of land around the Kansas City area and farther north through northern Daviess county. They are constantly developing new things. They had the land the new temple is being built on for many years before deciding to build a temple there. I'm glad to be in this area and see the hand of the Lord in things happening for our future.

The area just has that few members that a temple was not a warrented until recently. The Church does not build temples unless there is a population to support them. Nauvoo had been proposed for many years before being rebuilt and the reason given was always how few members there were in that area. Northwest Missouri is also not very highly populated with LDS members. That has been changing through growth though and the Liberty Temple is a great blessing.

Technically it is located in Kansas City (the area was annexed into KC a few years ago) but its really close to the Liberty metro area that keeps expanding and has been growing a ton in the last few years. Its cool to see how things have grown there. I remember the first time I was in the west side of Liberty along 152, there was just barely the shopping center and the Target was new but everything else was field. Its come a long way. :)

A number of years ago when I traveled to Adam-ondi-Ahman I saw something I thought was rather strange. In many of the fields along the road I saw lots and lots of surveyor stakes. It is like home plots had been laid out for a city or something – definitely not a layout for farming plots. I also recognized some large junction boxes and stopped to take a closer look. They contained large fiber optic cables. Looking around, I thought to myself there is nothing within miles of this place to warrant this. I thought it to be something like building an ark (boat) on a mountain – miles from water to put it on and the ark being too large to move. Anyway I made some rough calculations that this stuff would support a population well over 200,000.

So I ask my friends that work at the church office building, we all think they know secrets. I was able to find out that the church was involved in “restoration” efforts for land around Adam-ondi-Ahman but no one had heard of anything to this extent. Some of my “contacts” should have known, what if anything was going on.

However, all this does not mean that we cannot start some good old faith promoting rumors. :D

The Traveler

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I live in a very rural area, and there are fibre optic cables all over the place installed during the TeleCom boom. Even on dirt roads. I don't think it's indicative of anything other than over exuberance of the old (now broke) telecom companies.:o

I was surprised to learn that the KC, MO Temple is just being constructed now, and is the first Temple to be built near N.W. Missouri. This area is so sacred in LDS history. I wonder why a Temple has not been built in this area before now??? Is that area still kind of anti-Mormon?

My blog: Adam-ondi-Ahman

It is 6 miles from my house, probably 4 from the city limits. Very close. Yes there are still a lot of people that don't like us here. I am told that the church across the hwy from here (aka the Great and Spacious Building) actively preach against us. Hearsay since I have never been there to witness it.

Yes, in fact the sister missionaries come bother my wife at home during the day when they are not serving at Liberty Jail. Every time they rotate out we have to explain that my wife is a WORK-at-home mom not a stay-at-home mom and they are interrupting her work. I know they are serving, and I have even asked our ward mission leader to put us on a do not bother list. They have called her and asked her to go with them with no notice and get upset that she cannot just stop what she is doing to go with them

Why we study Mormon Prophecy:

"I hope we are all familiar with these words of the Lord and with his predictions concerning other coming events, such as the building of the new Jerusalem and the redemption of the old, the return of Enoch's Zion, and Christ's millennial reign. Not only do I hope that we are familiar with these coming events; I hope also that we keep the vision of them continually before our minds. This I do because upon a knowledge of them, and an assurance of their reality and a witness that each of us may have part therein, rests the efficacy of Christ's admonition, "be not troubled."

(Marion G. Romney, Conference Report, p.52, October 1966)

• 1 year later...
Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

Why do you call Adam-ondi-Ahman "The Gathering Place" on your blog?

Is it because you believe in D&C 113:4, and D&C 113:6 which says...

(D&C 113:4) "Behold, thus saith the Lord: It is a servant in the hand of Christ, who is partly a descendant of Jesse as well as of Ephraim, or of the house of Joseph, on whom there is laid much power."

(D&C 113:6) "Behold, thus saith the Lord, it is a descendant of Jesse, as well as of Joseph, unto whom rightly belongs the priesthood, and the keys of the kingdom, for an ENSIGN, and for the GATHERING of my people of the last days."

These Two Witnesses of God are the same Two Witnesses of Revelation chapter 11.

They are uncle and nephew. The uncle is the future Lawgiver of Zion, and the nephew is David Joseph, the next king of Jerusalem.

They will not be able to rule the world completely until they are resurrected, once they are resurrected before the eyes of the world, then the world will believe they were sent by God, these are the two last archangels sent by God before He rests. There has been seven archangels sent by God. Old King David was an archangel in heaven, but he has fallen, and was replace by David Joseph. I have not revealed David Joseph last name for it is unwise to do so. However, he is alive and well, and 33 years old.

Prophet Kimball sent a group of men to bless the child to be the next king of Israel. This child has the power of God in his right hand, and with the key of David can open the Cave of Treasures where there is jewels to encrust the walls of the great Temple of Just Hill Independence and he can show us the location of the River of Pison, where God placed much gold for the building of Zion's streets of gold. And I have no doubt that the Crown Hill Temple of Adam-ondi-Ahman shall be pattern after heavenly design which will appear to be building unlike anything ever built, I have made drawings of it, and drawings of the Temple of Just Hill Independence and they are unlike anything ever made by man. The Independence temple will have a real chariot of God at the arch center which will radiate the colors of the rainbow, the arch center will have two arches going outwards from the center point. And the Adam-ondi-Ahman temple shall be in the shape of a crown arch over the ground with spires all around the edge. I remember as a young boy my cousins desire to have part in building these great temples, and I asked God to use him in designing the structures, my cousin is part Apache, and I asked God to make him an engineer. God answer my prayer, for he grew up to be an engineer who is in charge of stabilizing oilrigs in the Gulf of Mexico. I was also instrument in bring forth David, I asked God to send David to my family, back in 1979. In 1978 I said one prayer to God to give the worthy blacks the priesthood, I told God to do it for my sister's husband who would not join the LDS Church because he said that if God were with the Mormon, He would not be so unfair with the worthy blacks. I knew in my heart he was right, therefore, I went against Prophet Young teachings, and asked God to cut short his work in righteousness and allow all worthy blacks to have the priesthood, and I thanked God for giving me an answer on my sister's birthday, June 1st, when the revelation was given to Prophet Kimball. I am not special, I am just like you, there is nothing special about me, but the power of my priesthood seem to be powerful. I don't know anything, unless God reveals it, and He has chosen to only tell me what I need to know. Even when angels visit me, and I am allowed to test their powers to read my mind, still they will not offer me extra knowledge about my mission to the world. So, I am just like you, but I thought that you could appreciate knowing that faith is not in vain, that God is working to keep his promises about Jerusalem, and New Jerusalem.

This post will only remain only for a little while, so I hope you get to read.

To love one another is pleasing unto God, for we are one family, and He shall hold us all accountable how we treat one another, and when you see God, I can tell you, He is only going ask you how you treated others. If you were a disappointment to Him, or if you treated others with kindness. To know God is to have His love in your heart, but what good is it to say you have great love in your heart, and never show it? I hope I have shown my love for your work, your blog, your desire to know of the things of God.

Edited by Sunwalker