Hey hey folks

Last_Daze

Just because I didn't want to start posting cold, I thought I'd come on the intro board and do this.

I'm 23 years old, a 2nd year law student, and though I wasn't raised in any church, I've been a more-or-less traditional Christian (read: mainstream Protestant) for most of my adult life. My first awareness of the LDS church was when they opened a branch in my tiny hometown in Wisconsin when I was 16; later on, when I did my undergraduate work in Minneapolis, I would walk past the LDS Institute of Religion every day on my way to class. Over the years, I've become very interested in the LDS church (its theology and way of life), and just a couple weeks ago I decided to show up cold at the local ward for Sunday services, just to see what was up.

I'm now working with the missionaries, learning more about the church and the LDS view of the gospel of Christ, and I am very excited. I am also very concerned, as my parents, despite not being particularly religious themselves, are quite anti-Mormon; and my long-time girlfriend has no interest whatsoever in the church. I don't know what will happen in the future, but for now I am learning and trusting the Lord to guide me. Whatever other bridges are out there, I will cross when I come to them.

If you've read this far, thanks for reading. I'll probably be popping up with some dumb questions. I hope you all will take pity on me and help me out if you can. :)

Peace to all!