Allegory

bytor2112

I'm not presenting mine as the only one. I'm just telling what I've always been taught. Never claimed I'm the supreme authority.

There are numerous other scriptures, but this should suffice. The flood was over all the earth. Granted there may have been a few high spots here and there where in nothing lived, and therefore didn't have to be covered (although, I still believe they were all covered completely). But it is sufficient to know that ALL breathing animals were destroyed from off the whole earth. It is not allegorical.

If some still think that it can all be attributed to mistranslation or misunderstanding, I suggest you research some conference talks because there have been several in which a general authority as described the whole earth being covered.

I do still adamantly oppose the idea that the flood was not a worldwide occurrance. Sure, there might not be complete geological evidence (at least not that our brilliant modern scientists can understand), but neither is there a complete understanding of how Dinosaurs and fossil records can be reconciled with the fact that the Earth is not millions of years old.

Therefore, in matters like these I yield to the highest authority, and take it on faith until such time as I have the ability to comprehend them.

The relevant point here is that the flood did cover the whole earth and that every human and land animal except those in the ark were destroyed. There is ample reference to the fact in the scriptures and in modern day revelation. I'm not going to debate it further from a scientific standpoint.

The Flood and the Tower of Babel

Noah, the Great Preacher of Righteousness

The Gospel and the Scientific View

Seriously people, lighten up.

So, those statement sure don't sound like opinion pieces.

And on a site that seeks to expound upon and clarify the doctrines of the Church that I belong to, if you're going to come on with a name like Doctrine_Guy, you're going to get held to a higher standard. You either better be right with a name like that, or you'd better get a new name if you can't handle the heat.

I'm already barely tolerant of opinions being broadcast as doctrine on this site, and I'm going to be a lot less tolerant of it when it comes from someone who so brashly claims to be the authority on all things doctrinal.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, those statement sure don't sound like opinion pieces.

And on a site that seeks to expound upon and clarify the doctrines of the Church that I belong to, if you're going to come on with a name like Doctrine_Guy, you're going to get held to a higher standard. You either better be right with a name like that, or you'd better get a new name if you can't handle the heat.

I'm already barely tolerant of opinions being broadcast as doctrine on this site, and I'm going to be a lot less tolerant of it when it comes from someone who so brashly claims to be the authority on all things doctrinal.

As I said, my writing style is pugnacious (aggressive). I will write as if i'm right. That's just how I do it. You don't like it, sorry, not my problem. (Why don't you just admit you don't like me because of the breastfeeding thread)

If you don't like my name, think up a new name for me and I'll change it. That's just what popped into my head when I signed up. (And I'm leaving you wide open for an out of the park burn right here)

As I said, my writing style is pugnacious (aggressive). I will write as if i'm right. That's just how I do it. You don't like it, sorry, not my problem.

I think by now I have made it your problem.

(Why don't you just admit you don't like me because of the breastfeeding thread)

I didn't like you long before I saw the breastfeeding thread.

If you don't like my name, think up a new name for me and I'll change it. That's just what popped into my head when I signed up. (And I'm leaving you wide open for an out of the park burn right here)

My suggestion would be Mingled_With_Scripture_Guy

I think by now I have made it your problem.

Actually, no. Still not my problem. I don't have to have everyone agree with me. I'm perfectly content to let you completely despise anything I write, and I won't even loose sleep over it.

I didn't like you long before I saw the breastfeeding thread.

My suggestion would be Mingled_With_Scripture_Guy

Good one, maybe next time.

Edited by Doctrine_Guy