How do you guys feel about LDS Clothing?!

I would never wear clothing items that advertised I was Mormon. It's not an insecurity thing, it's just not me. I actually don't wear clothing period that has words or phrases on them. It's just tacky to me. But if I were put into a "Mormon school" so to speak, like the equivalent of attending a Catholic school, I'd rather have the phrase that Dravin suggested than "I can't, I'm Mormon". What a cop out.

Edited by Bini
Ugh, early morning typo..

I was curious if anyone wore any lds specific t-shirts? Like the "I can't, I'm Mormon" or "I love LDS girls/guys".

they can be fun. sometimes they can be overdone.

The shirt i've got has a picture of a couple missionaries walking a long with a bunch of buff angels protecting them from all sorts of different things, with the a D&C quote beneath it.

While not a shirt, ilike the license plate that has : RULDS2

Edited by Blackmarch

I don't wear any specific LDS shirt. I do wear BYU shirts.

My fave BYU shirt that I had was "BYU Co-Ed Naked Lacrosse---Rough, Tough, and in the Buff!" I wanted another T-shirt, but couldn't find it: "BYU Co-Ed Naked Basketball----Nothing but net!"

My wife has one of those "unejeekated" tags...Families are Forever..RULDS2 tags....People often ask her what it means...good conversation starter.

My sons and I often wear the Youth Conference t-shirts with CTR and BOM scriptures and very manly Nephites on them to the gym....our gym is full of Baptists and preachers.

I was curious if anyone wore any lds specific t-shirts? Like the "I can't, I'm Mormon" or "I love LDS girls/guys".

The girl with the long hair advertising the "I can't, I'm Mormon" shirt is perhaps one of the hottest girls I have ever seen in my entire life. She should be a model if she isn't already one.

One T-shirt I really enjoyed was one that showed a picture of three rather tough / buff looking guys and the caption said - Stripling Warriors...Mama's Boys !

I also got a T-shirt one year when I was a camp councilor that I really liked. It showed the Young Women's logo (young woman / flaming torch) and surrounding the logo were the words - Stand For Truth And Righteousness. I've kept and worn that one for almost 20 years. Love it!

I agree with the general opinion about the "I Can't, I'm Mormon" shirt, but in it's defense. The guy who came up with the phrase and started printing it on t-shirts said that in high school when he'd be asked to drink or smoke or something if he'd tell them that he just doesn't drink/smoke, they'd keep trying to convince him it wasn't a big deal to and pressuring him into doing it, but if he said "I can't, I'm Mormon", they'd instantly understand and stop. So it's more of a homage to that rather than a message that he's saying he's not able to do something because he's Mormon. and I used to have a "I love Mormon Girls" shirt, and it was pretty awesome

The guy who came up with the phrase and started printing it on t-shirts said that in high school when he'd be asked to drink or smoke or something if he'd tell them that he just doesn't drink/smoke, they'd keep trying to convince him it wasn't a big deal to and pressuring him into doing it, but if he said "I can't, I'm Mormon", they'd instantly understand and stop. So it's more of a homage to that rather than a message that he's saying he's not able to do something because he's Mormon.

I totally get that. I still think the phrase should be "I won't; I'm Mormon." The use of "can't" implies that agency has been removed and the wearer of the shirt is a robot. The use of "won't" denotes an active choice.

I've never seen an actual license plate with that, but I've seen bumper stickers and license plate frames with that on it. I hate them. They make me want to say, "R U unejeekated 2?"

hahahahha

well K know theres one out in michigan ^.^... at least there was about 10 years ago.