Facebook

Guest Kamperfoelie

Guest Kamperfoelie

Hi all,

Does anyone know any good lds facebook communities? i searched lds and only got lds dating forums... and other things that are abbreviated to lds :confused:

Also im in Europe, would prefer to find a european one.

tnx all

Is the group "Joseph Smith is way hotter than president Hinckley" still there? Or maybe "I'm glad I'm Mormon because I don't have to shave above my knees?"

Just kidding. (those were real groups once upon a time though) Um....spamlds has The Society for the Prevention of Anti-Mormonism up, but I don't know how much it's updated. Ask a Mormon is good, but it can be rather contentious up there.

It's to get the word out to more people. When you have millions and millions of people that use facebook it makes sense to me.

Plus you can't have discussions on say lds.org and some of the other websites. This allows people to interract with each other.

Plus I don't trust facebook much anymore after clicking on something that then sent spam to about 20 of my friends.

That wasn't facebook, odds are, that was an application. For example, there's a bunch of those 'shocking' news stories that require you to 'like' it before you can see it...and then that notice goes to every one of your friends saying you now like so and so. Like if you see a message with a picture of a kid about to be put in a cop car, don't click and 'like' it. If you do, all your friends will also get that SPAM notice on there wall.

Facebook is like a 500 Million member vBulletin forum where every one can create and mod there own sub-forum.

Guest mirancs8

I've been on Facebook for a couple of years and it's OK. I've had some issues with it and certain to leave it some time in the future. There are lots of LDS communities on Facebook but I don't know general ones. I only recently joined a mid-singles to get invites to firesides. I'm sure there are ones that are more general and specific to the area/state/country you live. Ask people in your ward they might even know.

I'm totally with you on the app thing Ram. I get invites to everything under the sun and refuse or delete every single one. The first one that I was invited to I clicked on and when the next screen said this app allows or gives everyone on Earth access to all of my personal info I quickly closed the screen and from then on don't even waste my time because they all, as far as I know, allows-gives access to the universe. I use it to keep in touch with friends and to socialize a little. In moderation though. Some people live on there and that to me is not healthy in many ways.

Guest Kamperfoelie

I've since found it. My search was being polluted with "sponsored links" that were being suggested to me. When i didnt specifically tell it i wanted to do a blank search it automatically went to the topmost of the sponsored links...

Which taught me that there is apparently a brand of racecars by the name of LDS or LDSS or something like that :D

Thanks for the advice!