Creepy or Not Creepy.....

PinkCow

Well hello there, did ya miss me? I'm sure you did.... I'm a very missable person... heheAlright, well I have been well thank you for asking, I have been super duper busy with work and school, but it is all just fantastic......

Okay, well as some of you know I work in a daycare..... for those of you who didn't know, guess what? Now you do!!!! (Take notes because I have a test prepared just for YOU)

One of the mothers and I have become close, and I have done some babysitting for them.... the mother and I have been texting back and forth, and I have opened up to her, on some senstive subjects and she has opened up to me.....

I kind of want to do something for her, like not in a major creepy way, but she has given me little gifts like when I said I don't eat, and I have been feeling dizzy the past couple of days, she left two protien bars for me in her childs cubby..... and brought back some trats when she went to go and visit her brothers..... and for my birthday they bought me a cake....

So I guess I'm looking on suggestions on what I could leave in the cubby.... unless it would be creepy to do that, because I dont want to be creepy.......

Miss you all!

I don't think it's creepy to do something nice for people. Right now, a card would be appropriate. Hopefully the friendship doesn't evolve in a way where little gifts are expected. I suppose if you're out and about and you see something you know they'd like go for it. Personally, I'd be delighted to be given a favorite (second hand, but that's just me) child's book to read to my kids.

Maybe a hand made card? I would get uncomfortable if these little occasional gifts were expensive, but then again that's just me. I know a lot of the women in my ward, when they know someone is having a hard day, drop off Diet Cokes to each others house as a little 'hey thinking of you'.

I think it would be fun to have a lil inexpensive gift go around...like a diet coke one day to her the next you get a cute nail filing board.hmmm..maybe i'll do this with my friends haha.

Anyway, for her I think anything her and her child can do together would be cute. Not sure how old the kid is but you could make a puzzle out of cardstock paper color it and have it say Thank You, your the best!

or, get her a new nail polish or mascara, a small treat for herself

I make jewelry as a hobby, so if I am thankful to someone I may send them a card, but if I am really thankful for what they have done I often will make them a piece of jewelry and give it to them with a hand written Thank You card. (So far I have only done this with women) I don't think that would be creepy, as it is a gift between friends. Is there anything that you do as a hobby that you could make and give, or something you know she is interested in?

I second, Alana, on hopefully this friendship doesn't evolve in a way where little gifts are expected. But feeling gracious and showing kindness to others isn't creepy. At least not in the sense that you're referring to. Leaving little surprise gifts here and there is likely to always put a smile on someone's face. I would say a "thank you" card is always nice. But if I were to do that, I probably wouldn't just leave it in the cubby to be found whenever, I'd feel like I'd need to personally hand it to her. I guess it sort of depends on how close the friendship is at this point. If you've become girlfriends and really confide in each other, maybe you should just setup a girls' night out, and grab a bite to eat and just chatter. Dad can take baby for awhile and you two just enjoy yourselves as friends for a night?

• 7 months later...