Ex-wife doesn't want step-son to attend church

If the child doesn't want to attend church then the statement from dad should be, How sad as after church we were going out for dinner and you won't be able to attend because you didn't go to church. Let the child know that there is a peanut butter sandwich and a glass of milk in the fridge and that is the end of it.

Interesting. If you go to a restaurant you'll make somebody else work on Sunday. Isn't there a bit of a problem with this reward? A double standard? Lets keep the Sabbath holy, but well let's not.

We have to allow our children to make mistakes and enjoy the consequences so that they grow up realizing that yes they can not do something but there is a consequence of not doing it and they have to live with that consequence.

I agree.

applepansy

Agreed poor example but the idea is correct. You could look at your comment and say that police, firemen, doctors, nurses etc and our military should also have Sundays off but I doubt that will ever happen. Life is full of choices and some are made with the greater good being the right decision. I am not saying you are wrong but there are times when Sunday has to be just another day at work depending on the work you do.

I was an engineer on highway projects for decades and I was the safety engineer on many projects and that meant on Sunday I had to go through the project a few times during the 24 hour period you call Sunday, holidays and other times when the contractor was not on the job. I did it because I was worried that someone might have an accident and not be found because of the construction and yes some did happen and had to be dealt with. What would have happened if no one went looking for things that were out of the normal on the project?

applepansy

Agreed poor example but the idea is correct. You could look at your comment and say that police, firemen, doctors, nurses etc and our military should also have Sundays off but I doubt that will ever happen. Life is full of choices and some are made with the greater good being the right decision. I am not saying you are wrong but there are times when Sunday has to be just another day at work depending on the work you do.

I was an engineer on highway projects for decades and I was the safety engineer on many projects and that meant on Sunday I had to go through the project a few times during the 24 hour period you call Sunday, holidays and other times when the contractor was not on the job. I did it because I was worried that someone might have an accident and not be found because of the construction and yes some did happen and had to be dealt with. What would have happened if no one went looking for things that were out of the normal on the project?

I have worked in heatlh care and I come from a long line of nurses, doctors, etc. Working on Sunday in a necessary profession is different that going out to dinner.

I think we understand and agree with each other. :) Don't we?