Designing a clearly Mormon t-shirt. Inspiration!

It's funny I posted the other post asking about if any of you guys wear Mormon t-shirts because my Ward Mission Leader called me today thinking it'd be a cool idea to make a Mormon t-shirt and use it as a missionary opportunity by challenging members of our singles ward to wear it once a week. I have a few ideas being thrown around in my head but I wanted to ask for your input!! Any suggestions that could lead to inspiration on designing this shirt would be great!!

So far the idea's for phrases that can be written on it are:

"Noah came before the flood. I have come before the fire" -Joseph Smith (printing that on back, I'm definitely planning on using this one)

"Endowed with Time, use it wisely"

or The 13 articles of faith

Anyone else have any cool neat LDS quotes or just any general ideas for a cool Mormon shirt??

The t-shirt editor didn't have the same font as the official logo, but when we print them it'll be the real one. From reading the Church's Official "Rights and Use Information" it seems like it'd be ok to print it on the t-shirts, but I sent an email to them regardless just to make sure

How about a graphic of the plan of salvation. You know the bubbles with the pre-earth life, earth, spirit world, and then the three degrees of heaven. but don't label anything, and when people ask what it means, you can give a gospel lesson right there.

AWESOME!! I love that idea!

How about a graphic of the plan of salvation. You know the bubbles with the pre-earth life, earth, spirit world, and then the three degrees of heaven. but don't label anything, and when people ask what it means, you can give a gospel lesson right there.

AWESOME!! I love that idea!

I actually really like that one, too.

Just because there are a lot of people out there who think like I do, I would probably avoid using the word "endowed."

Elphaba

Good point. Lol.

I had an idea this morning, while I was waking up. You could make a concert-style t-shirt. You know the kind where they list all the cities on the tour? People don't necessarily read all of them, but it does peak interest while people look for something close to home. You could do a list something like this, just on the back of the shirt:

Adam

Noah

Abraham

Moses

Daniel

Jeremiah

Nephi

Abinadi

Alma

Helaman

Moroni

Joseph Smith, Jr.

Thomas S. Monson

I actually really like that one, too.

Good point. Lol.

I had an idea this morning, while I was waking up. You could make a concert-style t-shirt. You know the kind where they list all the cities on the tour? People don't necessarily read all of them, but it does peak interest while people look for something close to home. You could do a list something like this, just on the back of the shirt:

Adam

Noah

Abraham

Moses

Daniel

Jeremiah

Nephi

Abinadi

Alma

Helaman

Moroni

Joseph Smith, Jr.

Thomas S. Monson

Yeah, but then you'd run into the same problem as the Latter-day Prophets Primary song - outdated quickly and sloppily trying to keep up.

Yeah, but then you'd run into the same problem as the Latter-day Prophets Primary song - outdated quickly and sloppily trying to keep up.

Maybe throw in one more Book of Mormon prophet, and then end with Joseph Smith, Jr, leaving out Thomas S. Monson altogether.

'Future Missionary' with nametag that could be blown up to fit the top of the shirt so it doesnt get confused with a real missionary.

Again, you'd still have to get permission to use the Church's logo, name, and possibly even the likeness of the badge.

I really like the idea with the all the Prophets names on it too! I can suggest things, but it's looking like it's really up to the ward Mission Leader on what we're gonna do, but I really appreciate this feedbaack! Thanks guys!

I like it too... but I can also see it being used as an impromptu MLM/Network Marketing presentation!

Our institute makes t shirts every year. the past two years they've had a picture of our temple the name of the time and institute of religion on it. They are pretty sweet. before that they had one that said "let it burn" across the front and on one of the sleeves it had the burning bush.

do you wear those shirts? and when you wear them do non-members ask you about them?

I would put "mormon.org on the back, after everything else. If you're trying to build someone's curiosity never give them the answer right away. And, many people will stop reading when they see mormon.org. I'd make the mormon.org much smaller than the rest.

But, I would definately NOT use the name of the Church, and especially anything that looks like or resembles the offical logo.

Jusy my $0.02