Dating question for sisters

EQ_Guy

I may understand your situation. I get it.

In complete honesty- if someone were to ask me out that I were interested in, I would say no. It happens. So even if she says no, just realize she may not be "on the market" even though she is single. She may not be ready to date. I'm not.

Does any of that make sense?

My mom taught me to always say yes to a guy who asked me to dance, for that very reason. On my own, I translated that into the dating world. There was only one time that I regretted it, and I really regretted it.

I was much the same way, which is why I have similar regrets as you do. You can find the reason for my regrets here: http://www.lds.net/forums/single-adults/14092-worst-date-stories-6.html#post423430

Oh come on, I'm not going to attack her with, "sooo... how many kids do you want to have...?" :)

Sure; but that mindset can unconsciously affect the way you behave towards her.

With my wife--I met her on the second week of attending my new ward; she had been pointed out to me by a counselor in the bishopric as someone I'd be working closely with on a calling, and my first thought when I saw her was "well, that's the one girl in this ward I won't be marrying". (I had a rule against dating girls I held callings with.) So I relaxed more, opened up more, became very good friends with her, and then a couple of months later it suddenly hit me that she was kind of cute, and did have a lot of great qualities . . .

Sure; but that mindset can unconsciously affect the way you behave towards her.

With my wife--I met her on the second week of attending my new ward; she had been pointed out to me by a counselor in the bishopric as someone I'd be working closely with on a calling, and my first thought when I saw her was "well, that's the one girl in this ward I won't be marrying". (I had a rule against dating girls I held callings with.) So I relaxed more, opened up more, became very good friends with her, and then a couple of months later it suddenly hit me that she was kind of cute, and did have a lot of great qualities . . .

Well your "rule" failed you and your game plan totally backfired! :D

I sort of get what you're saying. A newly married couple in my ward tried to get me together with a girl in our ward and then they told me to check out all the girl's on the singles ward site and to let them know if I was interested in anyone. I told them I was really looking to get involved, for a reason I won't get into here, but I told them. So, I can see why a person might be single, but not "looking."

I may understand your situation. I get it.

In complete honesty- if someone were to ask me out that I were interested in, I would say no. It happens. So even if she says no, just realize she may not be "on the market" even though she is single. She may not be ready to date. I'm not.

Does any of that make sense?