Let's Start Searching

StrawberryFields

The familysearch.org is a good place to start. If you have -0- experience with Family History, here is what we suggest in our FHC. Start with what you know..about your immediate family. Write it down, record it somewhere, on a disk or a CD. Go to you living relatives, get their vital information. Ask for stories about their lives. Record them right away! Then go to the FHC in you ward or branch, ask if there is a class to help you get started. It is not really as intimidating as it sounds. You will be surprised.

Ancestry.com. I use the $29.95 per month membership. The reason is there is a lot of info there i would have to send away for. Also it helps me teach "research" to class members in our FHC classes. Also on ancesrty.com I find a lot of other peeps who will contact me through the message boards as they or I research the same lineage. It does not replace familysearch.org or new.familysearch.org..I find it is a good resource tool.

Joni

• 1 year later...

Might I suggest Google, or whatever search engine you use on the internet. I have had good success using this to find information on some of my ancestors, especially if they are written up in a book that has been published. You will be surprised at what you can find with it.

:)