The Remarkable Birth of Planet Earth by Henry M. Morris

Dr T

The Remarkable Birth of Planet Earth by Henry M. Morris was next. This 100 (ish) page book was written by a creationist that is (or was) an engineer by training. I enjoyed a lot of this little book and I also see his Christian bias. Dr. Morris values the complexity of God’s creation, values natural laws and how those are opposite of what is claimed in evolution. He takes a look at space and always comes back to the creationist perspective. There is an obvious worldview laid down in this book and he often talks about “the bias” of evolution and their interpretations but is doing the same thing with the creationists side of the issue. We cannot get away from interpretation. I think he did a fine job with what he was trying to do. I’d give this book 3 out of 5 stars.

I was just rereading what I wrote in this thread and saw this,

Dr. Morris values the complexity of God’s creation, values natural laws and how those are opposite of what is claimed in evolution.

This was poorly written. What I was talking about was the 1st and 2nd law of thermodynamics particularly entropy (the state of randomness and disorder). I've always wondered about this concept and evolution. I'd guess there is a good answer to it. I'd have to look into it. If anybody know please let me know. Thank you

I was just rereading what I wrote in this thread and saw this, This was poorly written. What I was talking about was the 1st and 2nd law of thermodynamics particularly entropy (the state of randomness and disorder). I've always wondered about this concept and evolution. I'd guess there is a good answer to it. I'd have to look into it. If anybody know please let me know. Thank you

I'm guessing the argument is something like, "if the universe is constantly falling into a state of disorder (S < 0), then how is evolution (biologics moving into a greater state of order) even possible?" If it isn't disregard the rest of the post.

The arguments I've heard against it is that you have to be working in a closed system. The skeptic claims the earth is a closed system, but that isn't accurate. The sun is shooting quite a bit of energy our way, and that energy is currency in the biological economy.