Losing your children for eternity

I have a question that came up during a home teaching...

As LDS we are sealed to our children and have the blessing of being able to be with after this life for in Eternity.

We know that if the children take their own path and go down the incorrect one its possible that we dont get to see one of them because of their acts. What about parents? What if one of the couple falls (adultery) then tries to repent but ends up leaving the family to be with the person that he/she transgressed with? Will he/she loose the blessing of seing his/her children theirs because he/she never repented of the sin of adultery?

Scriptures or talks would help. Thank you for your input

Details like this are unknown. What we do know is those in the Higher Kingdoms can always visit those in the lower kingdom. The question is asked why would I want to visit a lower kingdom. Your question is probably one of the answers, because of Family.

In the end are you really "with" your family for Enterty, not really. But can you visit them, sure can. I don't see this being any different be it Parentsor Children. If the Children make it to the Celestial Kingdom, they can always visit there parents in a lower kingdom.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mormonmusic

I have a question that came up during a home teaching...

As LDS we are sealed to our children and have the blessing of being able to be with after this life for in Eternity.

We know that if the children take their own path and go down the incorrect one its possible that we dont get to see one of them because of their acts. What about parents? What if one of the couple falls (adultery) then tries to repent but ends up leaving the family to be with the person that he/she transgressed with? Will he/she loose the blessing of seing his/her children theirs because he/she never repented of the sin of adultery?

Scriptures or talks would help. Thank you for your input

I have only the scripture here for consolation:

And surely every man must arepent or bsuffer, for I, God, am endless.

5. Wherefore, I revoke not the judgments which I shall pass, but woes shall go forth, weeping, bwailing and gnashing of teeth, yea, to those who are found on my cleft hand.

6 Nevertheless, it is anot written that there shall be no end to this torment, but it is written endless ctorment.

7 Again, it is written aeternal damnation; wherefore it is more express than other scriptures, that it might work upon the hearts of the children of men, altogether for my name’s glory.

For me, this means that assignment to kingdoms after judgment is temporary -- until people fully repent and are worthy to move up. We are sort of led to believe that we'll be consigned to separation from family forever upon judgment, but I'm not convinced this is so. The ability to move up, so to speak after judgment is something I'd want to keep quiet if I was Heavenly Father because I'd want people to make the most out of this life where a lot of the core learning happens, and where unrighteousness leads to a lot of suffering.

But I think, in the end, eventually some of the most hardened may, through repentence and possibly suffering, realize it's time to change their character and eventually enjoy full blessings.

Edited by mormonmusic

• 2 weeks later...

This seems pretty simple to me (like all of the gospel). We become more in tune with light and HF+HM as we progress and become more pure. Beings of greater light and purity can move around more, for want of a better description, so they come and go as they wish. Those not so bright are restricted not by chains, but by their own energetic state.

So if we become brighter, ie., worthy of 'greater blessings', then we can go where we wish and see who we wish. The lord doesn't restrict us, but opens the way for us to be as free as we choose to be. However, we have to learn to be responsible for our thoughts and actions and the results they bring. If our minds and hearts become filled with light and love, then the power we have is immense, but not power in the sense mankind sees it.