Jacob 5:60

pam

Reference Search: Jacob 5:60

60 And because that I have preserved the natural branches and the roots thereof, and that I have grafted in the natural branches again into their mother tree, and have preserved the roots of their mother tree, that, perhaps, the trees of my vineyard may bring forth again good fruit; and that I may have joy again in the fruit of my vineyard, and, perhaps, that I may rejoice exceedingly that I have preserved the roots and the branches of the first fruit—

Quote for Discussion

Grafted into mother tree

The announcement that Israel is to be grafted into “their mother tree” affirms that the promises embrace literal blood lines. The promise given to Abraham was that it would be the “literal seed, or the seed of [his] body,” who, in the last days, would hold the priesthood and bear the responsibility to take the message of salvation to all nations (Abraham 2:9, 11). Such are “lawful heirs, according to the flesh” (D&C 86:9; 103:17-18; 132:30-32).

Ibid, p. 70