Jacob 5:75

pam

Reference Search: Jacob 5:75

75 And it came to pass that when the Lord of the vineyard saw that his fruit was good, and that his vineyard was no more corrupt, he called up his servants, and said unto them: Behold, for this last time have we nourished my vineyard; and thou beholdest that I have done according to my will; and I have preserved the natural fruit, that it is good, even like as it was in the beginning. And blessed art thou; for because ye have been diligent in laboring with me in my vineyard, and have kept my commandments, and have brought unto me again the natural fruit, that my vineyard is no more corrupted, and the bad is cast away, behold ye shall have joy with me because of the fruit of my vineyard.

Quote for Discussion

“Joy with me”

I learned as a 12-year-old boy the Boy Scout Oath: “On my honor I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; to help other people at all times; to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight” (Boy Scout Handbook, 10th ed. [1990], 5). Now, that great opening statement, “On my honor, I will do my best”—that is all you have to worry about in missionary service. Do your very best, and the Lord will take care of the fruit of your service.

You have to know that every time you bring a convert into this Church you bless a life—not one life, if he or she remains faithful, but many lives, for that which you do becomes the fruit of generations yet to come. All of us here are the fruit of missionary work.

Discourses of President Gordon B. Hinckley, 1995-99 [salt Lake City: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 2004], 1:404-405