Having an Ugly Sweater Christmas Party

sweetiepie

Finally! We are doing it, hubby and I are hosting an Ugly Sweater Christmas Party!

Ive never been to one, and no one here has ever had one, so we are really excited. I need help with some things though. We aren't doing gifts since we are having the ugly sweater contest. We will number people as they come in and have stockings set up to vote for the ugliest sweater, sweater your grandma would wear, most festive..you get it.

So I wanted to do some fun group games, but I am having trouble. Any ideas? I found a Christmas family feud game that looks fun, but thats it.

Any other tips for a successful party?

Finally! We are doing it, hubby and I are hosting an Ugly Sweater Christmas Party!

Ive never been to one, and no one here has ever had one, so we are really excited. I need help with some things though. We aren't doing gifts since we are having the ugly sweater contest. We will number people as they come in and have stockings set up to vote for the ugliest sweater, sweater your grandma would wear, most festive..you get it.

So I wanted to do some fun group games, but I am having trouble. Any ideas? I found a Christmas family feud game that looks fun, but thats it.

Any other tips for a successful party?

fun group games;

Uno, phase ten, spoons (that one can get violent tho ^.^, card version of musical chairs), slap/egyptian ratkiller, scum, cranium, the Ungame, Bull/BS, if there are a lot of RPG and dungeon and dragon sort of folk coming, i hear munchkin is hilarious.

have a treat at the end.

spoons (that one can get violent tho ^.^, card version of musical chairs)

Haha...that reminds me of when my friends and I (back in high school) decided to play what we called "ultimate spoons." We sat in a circle and play proceeded as normal, except that we laid the spoons out in another room. When one person got up and started running, it was every man for himself.

^

Seriously, you can find especially hideous sweaters at just about any department store in the women's section. But you probably won't want to spend an arm and a leg for one.. Try DI. You can find plenty of frumpy/ugly stuff there. That's not to say you can't find some decent apparel too but I go there in search of upcycle projects to flip.

Finding slightly cheap ones are actually pretty difficult. I assumed it would be easy to walk into any thrift store and not have an issue. I've been searching since June and have yet to purchase ONE.

Try UglyChristmassweaterparty.com.

Side note- last year I made the Elders ugly Christmas sweaters for our ward party and they won the contest. This year I got an elder an ugly Christmas sweater tie. He loves it.