Why Men Hate Church

Vegemighty

Has anyone ever heard of this book. Here is the website for it Church for Men

Apparently there is a large gender gap in all major faiths. How do the figures look in your ward?

• The typical U.S. Congregation draws an adult crowd that’s 61% female, 39% male. This gender gap shows up in all age categories. [1]

• On any given Sunday there are 13 million more adult women than men in America’s churches. [2]

• This Sunday almost 25 percent of married, churchgoing women will worship without their husbands. [3]

• Midweek activities often draw 70 to 80 percent female participants. [4]

• The majority of church employees are women (except for ordained clergy, who are overwhelmingly male). [5]

• Over 70 percent of the boys who are being raised in church will abandon it during their teens and twenties. Many of these boys will never return. [6]

• More than 90 percent of American men believe in God, and five out of six call themselves Christians. But only two out of six attend church on a given Sunday. The average man accepts the reality of Jesus Christ, but fails to see any value in going to church. [7]

• Churches overseas report gender gaps of up to 9 women for every adult man in attendance. [8]

• Christian universities are becoming convents. The typical Christian college in the U.S. enrolls almost 2 women for every 1 man. [9]

• Fewer than 10% of U.S. churches are able to establish or maintain a vibrant men’s ministry. [10]

So what do you all think about this gender gap. How can we bring in men and retain men to active church life?

Has anyone ever heard of this book. Here is the website for it Church for Men

Apparently there is a large gender gap in all major faiths. How do the figures look in your ward?

So what do you all think about this gender gap. How can we bring in men and retain men to active church life?

Polygamy was considered once. :D

The Traveler

Human nature.

When a guy is working on his car all the guys in the neighborhood gather around, to offer words of encouragements /see what is going on.Man rule #12.

Other then that we stick to ourselves.

When the ladies see another lady outside she must go over and have a 10 minute conversation minimum.

I think fellow shipping is a huge part of church, all churches ,and men "need" it less. Women got to church to discuss salvation, in the same way they get together to discuss anything.

Men look a salvation the same way they look at anything else. Give me the manual, i'll figure it out.

Generally speaking.

only for the picture. and only after you've found extra parts

You forget the comically huge interstate map to hand to your wife while saying "Navigate."

Not only does it provide the opportunity to teach lessons in map folding you can always blame her if you get lost. Bonus points if she's quiet for part of the drive while trying to figure which way is north or if you said I-13 or I-15 or I-17 because you purposefully gave all three as locations in the past 10 minutes and told her your destination was Exit 200 something B.

Seriously though, my dad was one of those who never read a manual. When I was young, he would try to program the VCR (which we all know is impossible if you don't have a degree in computer science) without reading how to do so in the manual. This, of course, explains the large number of smashed and broken VCRs in our household.

Y'all shoulda seen him try to build IKEA furniture.

Seriously though, my dad was one of those who never read a manual. When I was young, he would try to program the VCR (which we all know is impossible if you don't have a degree in computer science) without reading how to do so in the manual. This, of course, explains the large number of smashed and broken VCRs in our household.

Y'all shoulda seen him try to build IKEA furniture.

I never read the manual/ instructions. Looking at the pic i can get it done in half the time that i can when i actually try to go step by step.

However i just got Photo-shop and photo shop video version and i'm considering the giving in and getting the "for dummies" book

It is odd, because my husband is the social one out of us. He tells me that I need to do a better job of getting to know my neighbors, and if I can't find him after church he is probably in the room the EQ use for their meeting talking to someone. Ironically if he can't figure out something he has me come and figure it out for him. When I was on bed rest he had me come over to our new house we are currently working on to help him install doorknobs. So there I was 8 months pregnant, kneeling in front of the door saying, put this screw here and that screw there and viola we are done. And yes I used the manual. :P

Not all men are the same and likewise not all women are the same either. I think the men who fall away from church need to find something to get them interested in it again. Church should not only be about socialization, it is mainly about our spiritual salvation. So figure out a way to make it interesting.

Not all men are the same and likewise not all women are the same either. I think the men who fall away from church need to find something to get them interested in it again. Church should not only be about socialization, it is mainly about our spiritual salvation. So figure out a way to make it interesting.

When ever I rate Sacrament talks and testimonies by holding up a score card I always get dirty looks. If I could just find a few more like minded souls...

Posted Image

Edited by Dravin

When ever I rate Sacrament talks and testimonies by holding up a score card I always get dirty looks. If I could just find a few more like minded souls...

Posted Image

We used to attend the same ward as my parents (which is actually going to happen again soon) and when any of us would give a talk in Sacrament meeting we would sit in the way back and hold up signs saying "Go Dad!!" or, "Good Job!!" or similar things to encourage them as they gave their talk. Usually the only ones who noticed were the bishopric who usually smiled about it all.