Gamer's, What About Demon's Soul?

Bini

This is gonna be a Christmas stocking stuffer for hubby. He had looked at Demon's Souls awhile back and seemed interested but never got it for himself. I've done some reading up on it and it received excellent reviews (from both critics and gamers). The only "bad" is the game's brutally challenging gameplay. It looks like this game is now around $30, so it wouldn't be a huge loss if I bought it and hubby hated it. But I was hoping maybe other gamers on here could give me some feedback on their experience playing this. Would you recommend this game or something else (for a RPG gamer)?

Thanks.

Edited by Bini
Oops, bad grammar on my part.. Can't edit title ugh.

I ended up grabbing Mafia II but still heavily contemplating Demon's Souls. Thanks for your feedback, Intrigued.

Just had to sign up to tell you you just bought a stack of Playboy Magazines for your husband. I follow gaming news and Mafia 2 is notorious for having full Playboy magazines as collectibles in the game world. You can view the whole magazines on your screen. It is also known to be the most profane game out there.

How sad that a wife buys an archive of playboy magazines for her husband. There is a difference between M-rated games.

There is no nudity in the game except for an optional feature that allows you to collect 1940's Playboy magazines. It is not a significant part of the gameplay at all. Unless you choose to, you won't even have any dealings with this aspect of the game. At any rate, that is why the game gets a "nudity" merit. Otherwise you're not going to see anything of a sexual content that exceeds a teen rating.

This is gonna be a Christmas stocking stuffer for hubby. He had looked at Demon's Souls awhile back and seemed interested but never got it for himself. I've done some reading up on it and it received excellent reviews (from both critics and gamers). The only "bad" is the game's brutally challenging gameplay. It looks like this game is now around $30, so it wouldn't be a huge loss if I bought it and hubby hated it. But I was hoping maybe other gamers on here could give me some feedback on their experience playing this. Would you recommend this game or something else (for a RPG gamer)?

Thanks.

I have not checked out Demon's Soul but I will be sure to do so. You said he likes rpgs? Some of my most favorite rpgs are Knights of the Old Republic, Mass Effect 1 and 2 and Dragon Age. You can find previews of them on youtube if you're curious about them. They are great games though.

Thanks, Mute.

We have the Mass Effects (which I really enjoyed) and Dragon Age (which I'm replaying for the 3rd time now.. Lol). I think I've played The Knights Of The Old Republic on PSP? I'm reading that more RPGs will be coming out AFTER the Holidays, meh. What a bummer.

Well Knights of the Old Republic doesn't have quite as good of graphics as Mass Effect or Dragon Age but the story and dialogue options are far better than any in Dragon Age or Mass Effect. All of the games are made by Bioware too.

Bite your tongue! Mass Effect is one of the best Science Fiction games of all time.

Also, to the person who said that Mafia 2 has collectible Playboys, and that it's sad that she's buying a whole archive of Playboys for her husband? In the game, you have to actively go out and collect them.

If her hubby wanted to, he could actively go out and collect Playboys as well. The solution? Don't.