Why a sealing cancellation and then a temple clearance?

On 3/22/2018 at 2:35 AM, Jason100278 said:

But what happened should be between my future wife, God and me. The church shouldn't be able to have an opinion.  

On this matter you deal with God through his chosen servants leading the church.  They are the ones he gave the keys of this ordinance to and they are there as His representatives with authority from God to grant or deny access to temple ordinances.  Don't think of them as a fourth party.

On March 23, 2018 at 10:57 PM, Latter-Day Marriage said:

On this matter you deal with God through his chosen servants leading the church.  They are the ones he gave the keys of this ordinance to and they are there as His representatives with authority from God to grant or deny access to temple ordinances.  Don't think of them as a fourth party.

The First Presidency  is a fourth party.  If there were transgressions then they were talked about with the the Bishop and the Stake Presidency.  If a probation was warranted then that too was handled at the local level.  It didn't go up to the First Presidency.

it was all settled at the local level.  There is no need to rehash all of this for a 4th time.

Sometimes, even when we don’t agree with certain things, we do them because it’s the policy.  I remember all the hoops I had to jump to get my degree at the University.  No need to gripe and complain, I just did what was required and got my degree.  Every time I get my passport renewed there are requirements (policy) I need to meet in order to qualify.  To me it’s worth going through the hoops to get my passport.  I love traveling.

There are reasons for policies.  Most likely someone abused the system so a policy was needed.  You may not like the policy, but it’s there for a purpose.  Look at the goal. In your case, eternal marriage to your fiancé, and do what is needed to reach that goal.  Look at the positives, such as being grateful for the love she has for you and that you’re both worthy to go to the temple to be sealed.

Edited by classylady

2 minutes ago, classylady said:

Sometimes, even when we don’t agree with certain things, we do them because it’s the policy.  I remember all the hoops I had to jump to get my degree at the University.  No need to gripe and complain, I just did what was required and got my degree.  Every time I get my passport renewed there are requirements (policy) I need to meet in order to qualify.  To me it’s worth going through the hoops to get my passport.  I love traveling.

There are reasons for policies.  Most likely someone abused the system so a policy was needed.  You may not like the policy, but it’s there for a purpose.  Look at the goal. In your case, eternal marriage to your fiancé, and do what is needed to reach that goal.  Look at the positives, such as being grateful for the love she has for you and that you’re both worthy to go to the temple to be sealed.

Thank you.  I than Heavenly Father for her every day.  I am thankful we are both able to attend temple now.

The meeting with the Stake President was Sunday.  It was emotionally as bad as I expected.  I don't like to talk about my emotional struggles in dealing with my ex wife's death.  It doesn't matter how many years have past all that guilt and hurt comes right back to the surface. Hopefully this will be the last time I have to discuss it at church.

On 3/25/2018 at 11:53 PM, Jason100278 said:

The First Presidency  is a fourth party.  If there were transgressions then they were talked about with the the Bishop and the Stake Presidency.  If a probation was warranted then that too was handled at the local level.  It didn't go up to the First Presidency.

it was all settled at the local level.  There is no need to rehash all of this for a 4th time.

I would disagree.  Different church leaders have different keys delegated to them so when it comes to repenting a person works together with their Bishop but when it comes to seeking permission for this the keys are with the FP.   Attending the temple and participating in any ordinance there is a privilege, not a right.

All the keys come from God and so each is there as God's representative in that matter, not as a fourth party distinct from God.  It isn't 'their opinion' that they are there to give, it is they (not you or I)  who are entitled to the revelation from God to know his will in this.

I'm sorry that for you it means some emotional distress.  Life can be a rough ride at times.  Someday all wounds will be healed.

Edited by Latter-Day Marriage

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2018 at 4:20 PM, Jason100278 said:

Thank you.  I than Heavenly Father for her every day.  I am thankful we are both able to attend temple now.

The meeting with the Stake President was Sunday.  It was emotionally as bad as I expected.  I don't like to talk about my emotional struggles in dealing with my ex wife's death.  It doesn't matter how many years have past all that guilt and hurt comes right back to the surface. Hopefully this will be the last time I have to discuss it at church.

Have you had professional counseling to help you deal with your ex-wife's death, and your prior marriage/divorce?  If so, then good and get some more.  If not I suggest you put off your marriage to your fiance, until you are in a more emotionally stable position.

Your comments about the 4th party and the 1st presidency denote a certain amount of pride that should not be present during this process.  The policies of the church exist for a reason, even if we don't like them.