Jacob 7:9

pam

Jacob Chapter 7Â*

9 And I said unto him: Deniest thou the Christ who shall come? And he said: If there should be a Christ, I would not deny him; but I know that there is no Christ, neither has been, nor ever will be.

Quote for Discussion

The doubter—the one whose faith centers in that which may be seen and heard and felt through natural means only—errs grossly through generalizing beyond his own experiences. What he has not experienced, he assumes no one else can. Because he does not know, no one knows (compare Alma 30;48); because he is past feeling, surely no one else has felt; because he lacks internal evidence concerning the coming of a Messiah, unquestionably the evidence amassed by every believing soul is either insufficient or naively misinterpreted. Those who dare not believe dare no allow others to believe.

Robert L. Millet, “Sherem the Anti-Christ,” The Book of Mormon: To Learn with Joy, Religious Studies Center, BYU Vol. 4, p. 177