Byu idaho acceptance

lizzy16

My daughter goes there, and LOVES it.

They're funny there with lots of rules. First, get yourself a kitchen dorm. Two less roommates to deal with and you can cook for yourself. Just get ready for lot's of drama, living with all those personalities. Also get ready to have your schedule filled with church. And I mean FILLED!

Next, don't do like my daughter and pick classes that start at 7:00am and are jr/senior level.

And, if you have one, have a car with you. You will need to escape every so often to keep your sanity.

Other than that, Congratulations! Be patient with yourself as you acclimate to college life. But you will really like the campus and the spiritual atmosphere they have there.

I loved Ricks when I attended! I did not have a car so I walked everywhere, which was great for my physical fitness. I lived in the non cooking dorms my first year and ate off a meal plan. It worked out great, I even had excess money on my meal card which I used to buy food that I lived off during the week at the end of the year when I holed up in my room and crammed for finals. My second year (this was before Ricks went four year) I stayed at Riviera which was across the street from the building that most of my classes were in. Out of the three Universities I have attended Ricks was my favorite.

I attended only a year or so after it became BYU-Idaho! I live a conservative life, so rules were fine with me.

My suggestions... live off-campus, if you can. The rules are exactly the same, but you at least get the illusion of freedom and there is just something weird about the dorms. I lived in Aspen Village all four years, considered the armpit of Rexburg, and absolutely loved it. It was close to campus and was full of humble and fun people.

Never did a meal card... but I know a lot of people who really liked it.

If the grocery store still delivers and you don't have a car, get your groceries delivered!

Have them pack your textbooks before hand, if that is still offered.

The top floor of the library is the best.

Cross your fingers that the Spouri dooesn't burn down again.

Get the mint brownies from the bakery.

Obey the rules. I mean, come on, don't go if you have no intention of following the rules.

Don't make fun of the girls who live in the Beehive housing or whatever it is now called. The incident happened years and years ago. Accept it as a cautionary tale and move on. And if you dont know what I"m talking about, you'll find out.

Realize that the performing arts building is haunted.

Go stadium singing every Sunday evening, if it's still done.