Interesting... for mid-singles. Where do you fall?

Guest mirancs8

Guest mirancs8

I came across this power point presentation online which looks to be linked to our mid-singles ward here in the valley. It's a bit long and detailed but it's interesting how this person broke it down that we fall into one of three stages as mid-singles. I have to agree after attending a number of mid-singles events I see these stages in those I meet (and myself of course ;)). You can tell after a bit of getting to know someone where this person falls.

Take a look and let me know what you think. Do you see those you meet/go on dates with falling into one of the 3 catagories that is outlined?

CLICK HERE to view the presentation.

Personally I think this person did a good job breaking it down.

Merry Christmas! I am at work and tooling around the site to help stay awake. I just wanted to say I watched the presentation and liked it, as far as it went. It is ironic too because I am very firmly in the stage 3 grouping and decided to move into the stage 2 zone before seeing the presentation. At least now I have a name or label to hang onto my singleness issues. :D

Thanks for posting it.

• 3 weeks later...

I think this probably suits places with lots of members, but where we are there isnt even the scope to date, as there are not many men available and those that are usually arent the sort you would take to the temple.SO I figure I must be stuck in stage 1 and not happy about it..unless I choose a non-member...and after my divorce to a non-member after 15 yrs of him messing around...I doubt I would do that again...so kind of stuck really:(

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

I am in stage 1 and trying to move into stage 2. Trying to be pro active in my home ward in the Sunday school presidency and trying to work on my spirituality. Dated 2 times sense my divorce 3 years ago. Still feel out of place in the church being a divorced man. I think the greatest thing I have to do is learn how to forgive myself for the failure in the home. Worked 90+ hours a week for 4 1/2 years before the divorce happen. I think Elder Uchtdorf's talk on regrets is my life for I am still rearranging my priorities. But thanks for the Info on the stages of being single. Never thought I would be single again. Not in my plans but life happens and I must learn to turn to the Lord when I do not feel like I can handle it.

• 8 months later...

I came across this power point presentation online which looks to be linked to our mid-singles ward here in the valley. It's a bit long and detailed but it's interesting how this person broke it down that we fall into one of three stages as mid-singles. I have to agree after attending a number of mid-singles events I see these stages in those I meet (and myself of course ;)). You can tell after a bit of getting to know someone where this person falls.

Take a look and let me know what you think. Do you see those you meet/go on dates with falling into one of the 3 catagories that is outlined?

CLICK HERE to view the presentation.

Personally I think this person did a good job breaking it down.

Please, repost you link. i wanted to read it. Thank you