Young Women Theme

We are daughters of our Heavenly Father, who loves us, and we love Him. We will “stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places” (Mosiah 18:9) as we strive to live the Young Women values, which are:

Faith

Divine Nature

Individual Worth

Knowledge

Choice and Accountability

Good Works and

Integrity

We believe as we come to accept and act upon these values,

we will be prepared to

strengthen home and family,

make and keep sacred covenants,

receive the ordinances of the temple,

and enjoy the blessings of exaltation.

http://library.lds.org/nxt/gateway.dll?f=t...r%3Bfield%3ARef

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i never realy took the time to think were all loved. With all the pain on this earth you would figure there is only 1 ruler and that aint god

who is joseph smith is he like the pope of your religion or just a leader?

He was the prophet of the restoration.

He was killed a while ago.

Who is the ruler than, if it isn't God?

And God doesn't cause pain, people do, and with people never awknologing Him, and trying to get religion out of everything, there is nothing He can do for us.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I am so glad that they don't have something we have to recite in Relief Society. I loved the Young Women's theme but I hated reciting it on a weekly basis. Didn't they add a few lines?? I think they did just before I got out of Young Women's I think. It was hard for us older young women to recit the new lines after saying the old ones for so many years

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

<div class='quotemain'>

Since I'm not in YW and don't have a daughter any longer in YW....anyone know what the theme is for 2008?

yes...its Mosiah 5:15

thanks. Since you are Stake YM president what is the answer to Joel's question? Why don't the YM have a theme?

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

Since I'm not in YW and don't have a daughter any longer in YW....anyone know what the theme is for 2008?

thanks. Since you are Stake YM president what is the answer to Joel's question? Why don't the YM have a theme?

always wondered that myself.....I don't have an answer......I also have noticed that in our Stake it seems when we have Youth Conference the theme is always close to what the Young Womens theme is.... :dontknow::dontknow:

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

always wondered that myself.....I don't have an answer......I also have noticed that in our Stake it seems when we have Youth Conference the theme is always close to what the Young Womens theme is.... :dontknow::dontknow:

Hmm perhaps with the Scouting program their theme is. On my honor, I will try.....

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

Hmm perhaps with the Scouting program their theme is. On my honor, I will try.....

works for me

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

Well The YM do have a theme. But its more of a Purpose of the Aaronic Priesthood. But hey, It will do :D

Purposes of the Aaronic Priesthood:

1. Become converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ and live its teachings.

2. Serve faithfully in priesthood callings, and fulfill the responsibilities of priesthood offices.

3. Give meaningful service.

4. Prepare and live worthily to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood and temple ordinances.

5. Prepare to serve an honorable full-time mission.

6. Obtain as much education as possible.

7. Prepare to become a worthy husband and father.

8. Give proper respect to women, girls, and children.

And we don't have Scouts in YM here. Soo....... yeah! :D

Acez ^_^

Guest Leeanntheone

i never realy took the time to think were all loved. With all the pain on this earth you would figure there is only 1 ruler and that aint god

God is in control and Joseph Smith is the founder of the Mormon Church. Our Theme is Mosiah 5:15. I am a young women in the church with some answers.

Email me and I will share more with you .

[email protected]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AutumnBreez

You must experience work to know rest....

You must experience sorrow to know joy....

You must experience trials to become stronger....

Joseph Smith was an 'instrument' in restoring the Gospel. Joseph Smith was the first prophet since the restoration. Same as all the other prophets were since Adam. We have a prophet living today to give us guidance, as did the past prophets during their time period here.

Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ loves you and wants you to return.