Young Women Theme

Guest Leeanntheonetwo

Hi everyone,

Sorry, but I lost my email password. I tried to get it back but I needed my mothers place of birth. I made up her birth place so that my friends couldn't get into my email.

Long story short, I am still very much Leeann but my email has changed to [email protected]

Thanks for understanding,

Leeann

• 9 months later...

We are daughters of our Heavenly Father, who loves us, and we love Him.

We will "stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things,

and in all places" (Mosiah 18:9) as we strive to live

the Young Women values, which are:

Faith

Divine Nature

Individual Worth

Knowledge

Choice and Accountability

Good Works

Integrity and

Virtue.

We believe as we come to accept and act upon these values,

we will be prepared to strengthen home and family, make and keep sacred covenants,

receive the ordinances of the temple, and enjoy the blessings of exaltation. Theme and Logo

We are daughters of our Heavenly Father, who loves us, and we love Him. We will “stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places” (Mosiah 18:9) as we strive to live the Young Women values, which are:

Faith

Divine Nature

Individual Worth

Knowledge

Choice and Accountability

Good Works and

Integrity

We believe as we come to accept and act upon these values,

we will be prepared to

strengthen home and family,

make and keep sacred covenants,

receive the ordinances of the temple,

and enjoy the blessings of exaltation.

http://library.lds.org/nxt/gateway.dll?f=t...r%3Bfield%3ARef

I saw an announcement somewhere that they are adding Virtue to the YW Values. Does anyone know?

applepansy

I am so glad that they don't have something we have to recite in Relief Society. I loved the Young Women's theme but I hated reciting it on a weekly basis. Didn't they add a few lines?? I think they did just before I got out of Young Women's I think. It was hard for us older young women to recit the new lines after saying the old ones for so many years

There have been two changes over the years. The RS has a similar theme. Some Wards recite it, some don't. Its encouraged to memoraize it.

applepansy

Why cant the young men have something like that...lol

They do. . . well they did in our old ward and in this ward. It was the same in both Stakes. I can't find it at the church website.

Hey. . . I found the article. "Behold the Man"

"We are sons of our Heavenly Father and disciples of Jesus Christ. We act in 'faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God.'11

"As a bearer of the Aaronic Priesthood:

I will live the gospel of Jesus Christ.12

I will magnify priesthood callings.13

I will give meaningful service.14

I will prepare to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood.15

I will commit to, prepare for, and serve an honorable full-time mission.16

I will live worthy to receive temple covenants and prepare to become a worthy husband and father.

The reference in the October 1997 Conference issue is : See D&C 110:7*9. Text is adapted from the Aaronic Priesthood mission statement in Aaronic Priesthood Leadership Handbook (1991), 6.

Edited by applepansy
additions

I saw an announcement somewhere that they are adding Virtue to the YW Values. Does anyone know?

applepansy

Posted ImageA Return to Virtue

"Now is the time for a return to virtue!" The attribute and value of Virtue has been added to the Young Women theme. "Virtue is a pattern of thought and behavior based on high moral standards. It encompasses chastity and moral purity."

The time has come for the young women of the Church to lead the world in a return to virtue. This is the time to be pure and to qualify for the guidance of the Holy Ghost. In the coming year, it is our desire that all young women and their leaders focus on the meaning of virtue, what young women can do to accept and act upon this value, and how this attribute can strengthen young women as they prepare to be worthy to make and keep sacred covenants and receive temple ordinances.

We will distribute through local priesthood leaders and also post online the Personal Progress value experiences and projects associated with this value. We desire all young women to complete and be recognized for completing this value, in addition to the seven values listed in the Personal Progress book. You may want to study the following scriptural references as you contemplate a return to virtue.

"I believe one virtuous young woman led by the Spirit can change the world."