Thank you and sayonara

IAmTheWork

Hi. I've decided not to start attending church again, for various reasons. I won't list them here, as I have wish to influence others, nor be thought to be trying to. I also won't be visiting and posting on these forums either, as discussions of opinion and/or 'facts' as perceived by those feeling the need to make their point known seem a waste of good life time to me!

My thanks to those who've offered their thoughts on things I have posted, and I wish you all a wonderful journey through life in your search for genuine truth and peace. Don't waste a minute of it, because it's flying by!

With love.

I also won't be visiting and posting on these forums either, as discussions of opinion and/or 'facts' as perceived by those feeling the need to make their point known seem a waste of good life time to me!

Sorry that you feel this way. I wish you all the best!

Ok, false flag! :) I've decided to stick around, and stop worrying too much about not being totally Church-PC if you know what I mean. As I said, I don't think arguing scriptural or doctrinal points is of any use at all in discovering truth, and is (to me) a real waste of time. However, there's a lot more than that going on in these forums, and some very thoughtful people I perhaps shouldn't miss out on talking with.

As I just mentioned to a moderator, if I say anything which seems to go against church doctrine, then of course respond however you feel is appropriate. But I also don't want anyone being concerned that an anti-church influence is trying to creep in under the wire! Perhaps I'm a bit over-sensitive to these things, but I've noticed real anxiousness in members elsewhere (face to face) when they feel that their beliefs are being challenged simply because rational discussion may not agree with doctrine. Whatever - it's all live and learn, eh?

Ok, false flag! :) I've decided to stick around, and stop worrying too much about not being totally Church-PC if you know what I mean. As I said, I don't think arguing scriptural or doctrinal points is of any use at all in discovering truth, and is (to me) a real waste of time. However, there's a lot more than that going on in these forums, and some very thoughtful people I perhaps shouldn't miss out on talking with.

I am glad that you decided to stick around. Don't be afraid to express your views, I understand that it is hard sometimes to read into people, specially on the internet however it is always good to have an extra thicker skin when discussing doctrine. :)

See you around! :)

As I just mentioned to a moderator, if I say anything which seems to go against church doctrine, then of course respond however you feel is appropriate. But I also don't want anyone being concerned that an anti-church influence is trying to creep in under the wire! Perhaps I'm a bit over-sensitive to these things, but I've noticed real anxiousness in members elsewhere (face to face) when they feel that their beliefs are being challenged simply because rational discussion may not agree with doctrine. Whatever - it's all live and learn, eh?

I've long felt the need to violently defend one's beliefs is a sign of spiritual insecurity. Feel like defending it rationally? Go for it. I'm all for logical debate.

I'm more against people making cheap pokes against the church or any other religion. I guess I'm very sensitive that way.

I'm open to converse with anyone regardless of personal beliefs. That's including LDS, inactive LDS, anti-LDS, non-LDS, atheist, Buddhist, whatever! My only concern is that we treat others as we'd like to be treated. We don't have to agree with each other but we can use tact in expressing our opinion and have respect when the other party holds a different viewpoint.

Glad you decided to stick around. I knew you would. ;)

@IATW, I've been on this forum since I was 3 ft tall. I'm not LDS. My oldest son is and is almost finished with his mission. I joined this forum for the purpose of adding one more resource to my list of ways to learn about the Mormon faith but quickly found out that being here provides me personally much more than just that. First of all it's not just a forum for LDS, we have faiths of many types here, including athiest (if that is a faith) and to me that is what makes it extra special. Keeping in mind that it IS still the enternet we have our occasional troll problem and regulars that have a bad hair day from time to time but in general looking at the big picture this forum is the best I have ever been a member of. Even though I'm non-LDS I truly feel like I'm at home here. There are rules to follow and I am thankful that the mods keep a close eye on everything which is another reason I like it here so much. You can post just about any question and most replies will be honest and as helpfull as possible but we are all human. I also found out pretty quick that a lot of people here have a sense of humor which is a must for me cause I'm a nut. Hang around a while, have fun, vent if you like and I think you'll find like I did there are many who will do all they can to lift you up, provide personal and scriptural guidance and do it in a careing way as long as they can tell the poster is sincere. I've already enjoyed some of the views you've posted and believe that you are the type person that will bring to the table more goodies that help to make this forum more full rounded, fun and educational as well. I believe that Heavenly Father made this a very diverse world for a reason and the many different people that are members here sure provide that crazy mix that I love being a part of. Not all will like you, they sure don't me and that's ok. Don't take it too personally even if they seem to make it sound that way. This forum is totally cool to me because of all the crazy folks who bring so many different views to the table so post away and hang on and be on guard for some on here who are even crazier than I am. Welcome to the forum. :)

Edited by MichaelCraig

Ok, false flag! :)! Perhaps I'm a bit over-sensitive to these things, but I've noticed real anxiousness in members elsewhere (face to face) when they feel that their beliefs are being challenged simply because rational discussion may not agree with doctrine. Whatever - it's all live and learn, eh?

Truly rational discussion will ALWAYS agree with the doctrine!:)

IAmTheWork, did I read correctly? Are you male? I was sure that you was female! Yet again, I always seem to get it wrong with the members here.

I thought you were female also. Probaby due to your profile picture; just seems like a something a woman would pick. :)

M.

Pffff....good to know I wasn't the only one this time!

Haha - this has always been something which comes up in my life. I'm a tall and fairly well built guy, have close cropped hair, and look very much like a guy's guy. But in fact, as I said, I love the company of women, having grown up with just my mother and grandmother, sisters, aunts and mainly nieces, etc.

It can cause minor problems. Some women think I must be gay because I have a strong feminine side (though I certainly don't sound effeminate), and unfortunately so do some gay men. I get propositioned by such usually about once or twice a year, though it doesn't bother me.

Three reliable psychic people, two of whom are well known, and one of whom helps the police find bodies and such (seriously), upon meeting me for the first time said almost exactly the same thing; "You are balanced, male and female in power, neither one being stronger than the other. You have achieved wholeness". Sounds great, but hasn't made any difference to my life being much the same as anyone's. :)

When I first went online more than ten years ago, a lesbian friend talked me into joining her favourite chat room. Nobody asked if I was a man, so it was assumed I was a woman. I wrote little poems for fun at the time, which chat members then kept requesting. When someone discovered quite by accident that I was a man, there was an uproar! You'd have thought I'd broken into a sheik's harem or something. Silly, but amusing now.

Edited by IAmTheWork
Spelling.