New member of group

joanie13

Hello, my name is Joan Raney and I am a new member of the group. I was looking for a vision concerning the South that I think President McKay had and came across this group. So I thought I would join. Does anyone know what I am talking about? Someone was telling me about the vision and I would like to read it.

Welcome. Don't know about Pres McKay, but I know that Elder Vaughn J. Featherstone, when he was Area President of the Southeast Area wrote a letter that is in the Atlanta Temple's cornerstone (I have a copy somewhere), where he foresaw the South growing quickly. He foresaw many temples in the South, and mentioned several cities, such as Birmingham AL, where such temples would be established.

It was neat for me to see a part of that fulfillment when my wife and I were involved in the Birmingham temple's preparation and dedication.

Yes, you are correct, it is something that Elder Featherstone said. I got my information wrong when I said I thought it was something President McKay said. I've lived in the South all my life and have gone from the closest temple being in Salt Lake City to the closest one for me being in Columbia, SC. I think that's cool that a copy of the vision is in the Atlanta Temple cornerstone! I was married in Atlanta, the only temple where I got grits for breakfast! Has it reopened yet?