By What Name?

volgadon

In Acts 4:7 the high priest and his circle see the miracles and deeds of the apostles, and ask them the following question. “By what power, or by what name, have ye done this?”

A name was considered to carry with it power.

Gershom Scholem wrote that, “The name is a real, non-fictitious quantity. It contains a declaration about the nature of its bearer or at least something of the potency attaching to it; it is, further, identified with the nature and essence of what is named by it.”[1]

Ephraim E. Urbach went as far as to say that the name and the power were synonyms.[2]

Names, then, were a big deal. They had to do with authority.

[1]Scholem, The Name of God and the Linguistic Theory of the Kabbala, Eranos lecture, 1970.

[2]E. E. Urbach, The Sages, pg. 124.

God post. Name stands for Nature...and there are times when it is important for a person to have a certain name. For example both Jesus, and John the Baptist were names that God commanded the child bear. For example Jesus means "He Who Saves" Dani-el God is my judge and so forth.

Names can also be used to described the being or mission. Jesus Christ means He Who Saves it the ANOINTED ONE with Light.

bert10

The correct Sentence is....

Jesus Christ means "He Who Saves is the Anointed One" (with Light.) I do not know what is the matter with me lately. I look but do not see the post. When I gave out the meaning....I cut across a lot of error and ignorance concerning the Lord. On the earth "Olive Oil is given to anoint men" either for healing; gift of the Spirit or ordaining kings. In the case of Christ in heaven Light was used for the anointing.

That is what Jesus Christ means. Whether you like it or not...not really my problem. I just share what I know and leave it to people to act on it.

Jesus is our Savior...and Christ means "the Anointed One."( With Light) Remember Christ said "I am Light." + "I am the light and the life of men."

The anointing that we receive from Christ is LIGHT.

1 John 2:27 - But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

We are taught of God by His Spirit which is Light. In the OT it was referred to as the Spirit of Understanding, the Spirit of Knowledge, the Spirit of wisdom...and also in the NT the Spirit of Truth and so on. All these things are contained in the Light of Christ. The more we are filled with Light of Christ the more we are given of these things.

To be anointed by the Lord is to have the Spirit of GOD....which is also Called Light.

Acts 10:38 - How GOD anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for GOD was with him.

Ephesians 5:18 - And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit

The Lord's dwelling is in the Light

1 Timothy 6:16 - Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen

Walking in the Light as Christ is in the Light

1 John 1:7 - But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

bert10

Just a minor correction, Jesus the Christ does not mean "He Who Saves it the ANOINTED ONE with Light", but Salvation, the Anointed.

Edited by bert10

I may know more on some subject but am not more advance as in better than anyone. The Lord cautioned us in thinking like this. Like I said...the duality of Knowledge and Ignorance is not lost on the righteous. Which is the more we are given the more we become aware of how much we do not know. This duality helps keep us in balance. It is only when this duality is done away with that pride takes over.

--------------------------------------------

""Tone the "I'm so much more advanced than you" stuff, bert10. Or you'll be needing to find another forum"

Not sure what you are getting at here. I gave a testimony that it was not conjecture but truth for me. I am sure I am not the only one on this site who do receive testimony on things that others have not yet.

As for myself... It is rare..but when the Lord allows my path to be crossed by a Spiritual seeker who knows way more about God and has had more Spiritual experience then myself I rejoice. Even though what he says to me at the time is not understood completely. Why are you angry? Did not the Lord say if there be two intelligences together one will be greater than the other? Just as we are on different steps on the Spiritual ladder?

What do you think would happen to an individual who spends 6-8 hours in gospel studies and also in seeking, asking and knocking? That also in the same day, hours more are spent in meditating and listening as work permit?

Is it my problem or my fault some spent their time in the pursuit of higher education or building a career? Rather than making the Kingdom of God first in their lives? Where the heart is set so is our treasure.

bert10

Edited by bert10

What do you think would happen to an individual who spends 6-8 hours in gospel studies and also in seeking, asking and knocking? That also in the same day, hours more are spent in meditating and listening as work permit?

Is it my problem or my fault some spent their time in the pursuit of higher education or building a career? Rather than making the Kingdom of God first in their lives? Where the heart is set so is our treasure.

bert10

Yeah, that right there. The implication that if one doesn't agree with you or otherwise share your level of 'knowledge' they are less righteous/worthy than you is what he's getting at.

Edited by Dravin

I may know more on some subject but am not more advance as in better than anyone. The Lord cautioned us in thinking like this. Like I said...the duality of Knowledge and Ignorance is not lost on the righteous. Which is the more we are given the more we become aware of how much we do not know. This duality helps keep us in balance. It is only when this duality is done away with that pride takes over.

--------------------------------------------

Not sure what you are getting at here. I gave a testimony that it was not conjecture but truth for me. I am sure I am not the only one on this site who do receive testimony on things that others have not yet.

As for myself... It is rare..but when the Lord allows my path to be crossed by a Spiritual seeker who knows way more about God and has had more Spiritual experience then myself I rejoice. Even though what he says to me at the time is not understood completely. Why are you angry? Did not the Lord say if there be two intelligences together one will be greater than the other? Just as we are on different steps on the Spiritual ladder?

bert10

*looking out window to see what phase the moon is in*

What is righteousness if it is not ...doing right by the Lord's right. If we are not careful...Knowledge can be an impediment rather than an Asset.

They who are righteous are they who learn to be led by the Spirit of God. It is written in Galatians...To be led by the Spirit is to not be under the law. So righteousness is doing right by the Lord's right. This is listening to the voice of GOD and we are commanded....

Hebrews 3:7 - Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,

Hebrews 3:8 - Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:

Hebrews 3:9 - When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.

Hebrews 3:10 - Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.

Hebrews 3:11 - So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)

This is the definition of a righteous man...first and foremost is breaking of our heart by repentance....so that we will hear HIS VOICE...and then do according to that Voice. This is the only we way we can do the RIGHT according to GOD's RIGHT.

What is going to be judged according to 'Revelation' is our works. And what is Judged is How we do our works and to what level of importance we devote to them.

It is true that we are in a race..but it is a race against time. Nor to estimate ourselves higher than another. They who raise themselves shall be abased on that day. The Jews and the Apostles often conjectured who would be more righteous and who would sit at the right hand of Jesus in His kingdom. This gave occasion for Satan to afflict them. And the answer Jesus gave while He lived, is the same one I will give you....And it is the 'Father.' on who decides what is righteous and the degree of it.

Spiritual Knowledge is not righteousness. Having more spiritual knowledge does not automatically make a person more righteous. But it is a sign that a person is spending an awful lot of time with the Lord concerning the promises of Asking, seeking and knocking.

It is written that if we are without Charity, though we have all faith, knowledge, and know all the mysteries of GOD we are nothing.

1 Corinthians 13:2 - And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

My posts do not always come across as I would like them. Plus I often write in point form. It leaves no room to stroke the egos.

Keeping duality in our sight we remain awake.

Again....Knowledge versus Ignorance. For the Righteous the more they are given...the more they remind themselves on how much they do not know.

Opposites allow us to set up a reference point and if we are wise we allow God to set the reference point and again if we are wise we go for it and only for it...And if we attain it, we shall not be condemned for missing the mark.

bert10

Yeah, that right there. The implication that if one doesn't agree with you or otherwise share your level of 'knowledge' they are less righteous/worthy than you is what he's getting at.

Edited by bert10

In Acts 4:7 the high priest and his circle see the miracles and deeds of the apostles, and ask them the following question. “By what power, or by what name, have ye done this?”

A name was considered to carry with it power.

Gershom Scholem wrote that, “The name is a real, non-fictitious quantity. It contains a declaration about the nature of its bearer or at least something of the potency attaching to it; it is, further, identified with the nature and essence of what is named by it.”[1]

Ephraim E. Urbach went as far as to say that the name and the power were synonyms.[2]

Names, then, were a big deal. They had to do with authority.

[1]Scholem, The Name of God and the Linguistic Theory of the Kabbala, Eranos lecture, 1970.

[2]E. E. Urbach, The Sages, pg. 124.

To me, asking for a name also reinforces the idea that there is power obtained by being sealed to each other as one family, as in the spirit of Elijah. We take on Christ' name by participating in ordinances that adopt us into the same family name with which Christ claims His authority. They probably knew of that importance without really understanding what that means, to ask for a name. Like you quoted there, name has to do with authority but they probably had a post-exile understanding of the power of a name.

For us though, we know the name has to do with our taking on the name of Christ and our falling under the Abrahamic covenant. ... through our family sealing.

Again in case you have failed to understand my posts....is that Knowledge does not equate to righteousness. So how can be I judging others on their righteousness when even fools can walk on the way of Holiness and not err therein.

Righteousness is doing the Right by GOD's Right. And to do this a person need to do the will of GOD. And in order to do the will of GOD one must hear Him in our hearts.

In fact...Isaiah said even a fool need not err in the way of holiness.

The way of Holiness is not based on Knowledge but on the Spirit of GOD.

Isaiah 35:8 - And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass

over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein.

bert10

Edited by bert10

The correct Sentence is....

That is what Jesus Christ means. Whether you like it or not...not really my problem. I just share what I know and leave it to people to act on it.

Jesus is our Savior...and Christ means "the Anointed One."( With Light) Remember Christ said "I am Light." + "I am the light and the life of men."

The truth is that we don't really know what the exact real meaning of the name is because we use an imperfect language.

If you could say what the meaning of the word is using a perfect-God language and we all understood perfect God language, maybe then there would not be so much anxiety over a single word like "light" or "Christ".

For us, "light" might be used because of its symbolic significance. But knowing our language is imperfect and that God has to communicate with us in this imperfect language, words carry a symbolic and wider meaning than it's more specific and uniquely identified word might be in a perfect language. Because of that I think it is best not to box in the meaning of the word so narrowly. I think it has greater significance when it is left a more encompassing definition as it was probably intended to be used. As with many words in the gospel, they can have different meanings for different people and even change their significance for the same person over time. But, that does not mean one definition is more right than another for everyone.

Even our "anointing" here in this life is symbolic. Even if you are to call it "anointed with light" that is simply a symbolic phrase of something that we could not describe any more specifically than relating it to our symbolic ordinances here in this imperfect life. The actual event that that is describing, even if that is the true meaning, is not that important because we wouldn't have knowledge or the right words to even comprehend or talk about what that was right now. I think it is wrong to over-interpret words that are meant for symbolic meaning.

The truth is that we don't really know what the exact real meaning of the name is because we use an imperfect language.

If you could say what the meaning of the word is using a perfect-God language and we all understood perfect God language, maybe then there would not be so much anxiety over a single word like "light" or "Christ".

Considering that the name is half-Hebrew and half-Greek, both imperfect, human languages, I think we have a %99 or understanding of what it means.

To me, asking for a name also reinforces the idea that there is power obtained by being sealed to each other as one family, as in the spirit of Elijah. We take on Christ' name by participating in ordinances that adopt us into the same family name with which Christ claims His authority. They probably knew of that importance without really understanding what that means, to ask for a name. Like you quoted there, name has to do with authority but they probably had a post-exile understanding of the power of a name.

For us though, we know the name has to do with our taking on the name of Christ and our falling under the Abrahamic covenant. ... through our family sealing.

I like the connection you made with sealing families.

Taking upon us the name of Christ, well, a name is inseparable from the essence of the being who carries it. This concept was fundemntal to how amulets (and many other form os magic) were thought to work in the ancient world. My blog has much more on that aspect. When I posted here I wanted to focus on New Testament applications.

You are your own judge. I do not know what you know. Only you and GOD can know what you spent your time on. I simply told the truth. And the truth is ....we are given what we ask, seek and knock for. And they who know more than myself are they who have been more diligent than myself.

It is a truth. And truly these shall receive more from GOD than myself even while we are both on the earth. I am not deceived in this...I am only in the beginning of the way. While a great many are ahead of me. It is my fault if I do not finish the race and win the crown.

In this there is no boasting it is the way things are. It is the truth that all receive what we deserve according to what our heart desire is set on. The saying is true.....I threw a stone in the pack and the one that yelped is the one what was hit. Jesus said we must work while there is yet still daylight. And I for myself know that I have not been diligent until the Lord began to afflict me and for me to awaken.

All my posts are plain and clear to the Elect who read them and know of these truths since it has been made manifest in their life.

bert10

You are your own judge. I do not know what you know. Only you and GOD can know what you spent your time on. I simply told the truth. And the truth is ....we are given what we ask, seek and knock for. And they who know more than myself are they who have been more diligent than myself.

It is a truth. And truly these shall receive more from GOD than myself even while we are both on the earth. I am not deceived in this...I am only in the beginning of the way. While a great many are ahead of me. It is my fault if I do not finish the race and win the crown.

In this there is no boasting it is the way things are. It is the truth that all receive what we deserve according to what our heart desire is set on. The saying is true.....I threw a stone in the pack and the one that yelped is the one what was hit. Jesus said we must work while there is yet still daylight. And I for myself know that I have not been diligent until the Lord began to afflict me and for me to awaken.

All my posts are plain and clear to the Elect who read them and know of these truths since it has been made manifest in their life.

bert10

I think your metaphor of throwing a stone is a little off. "... I threw a stone in the pack and the one that yelped is the one what was hit." It should be "... I threw a stone and the one that came over and put their arm around my shoulder and said, 'please don't throw stones' is the one that got hit."

Three things to think about .... 1. Just as much as one cannot tell the desires of another's heart one cannot also know what is requisite for them to learn in this life or not.

2. The "truths" that we are supposed to learn in this life are not factual but experiential. When talking about 'spiritual truths', if a person says "there is truth here, go figure it out" there is no amount of knowledge or truth passed on by such a statement that the receiver gets from the giver of the statement. Spiritual truths are learned spiritually and through the spirit. We can testify to others and they can feel our spirit and then they will be touched by the spirit to help them comprehend the truth but ultimately the spirit is what teaches, not the messenger giving the message. When one teaches through the spirit there is no amount of 'credit' the messenger assumes as the teaching was through the spirit.

3. Any amount of secular knowledge we amass in this life is minuscule to what we have already learned in the pre-mortal existence. All of that previous learning will come back to us once we have the veil lifted from us. The value of learning ancient languages, names, history etc. is not in the accumulation of facts. That, will amount to next to zero compared to what your spirit already knows. However, the opportunity secular knowledge might open to provide more spiritual experiences and service is where the value of secular learning comes in. There are many types of secular learning that one person might have aptitude over another that for that person would provide spiritual experiences over another field for someone else.

For example, I am a nurse. I have found many spiritual experiences through that kind of learning that I wouldn't get if I studied ancient languages all my life. It has given me experiences of service and sacrifice and love that are valuable to me. For another person, though, those experiences wouldn't be as valuable. Maybe they would have more of what they need from this life in another type of study and pursuit. My sister has wonderful experiences with the music she writes that I wouldn't get out of that kind of work and study. My brother is an engineer and he finds experiences out of that kind of work that I am amazed he can find any spiritual link, but he does. You can't assume that everyone would gain from a specific field of secular knowledge just because you did. This is a very personal thing that some may benefit from but certainly not all "the Elect" as you put it.

My strong belief is that my knowledge of ancient languages will surpass any amount of study from the best scholar there is in this world once the veil is lifted from my eyes and I remember all the billions of years of training before I came here ... as it is with any specific secular field there might be in this world. The facts are meaningless without the spirit being touched and gaining a spiritual experience with it, as far as knowledge we will carry with us for our advantage in the next life.

Edited by Seminarysnoozer
typo

I like the connection you made with sealing families.

Taking upon us the name of Christ, well, a name is inseparable from the essence of the being who carries it. This concept was fundemntal to how amulets (and many other form os magic) were thought to work in the ancient world. My blog has much more on that aspect. When I posted here I wanted to focus on New Testament applications.

Keeping in the NT context then, what do you think of the Lord's promise in Revelation?

Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God

Not just a city's name (which seems odd enough) but the faithful will also take upon themselves the Father's name.

Three things to think about .... 1. Just as much as one cannot tell the desires of another's heart one cannot also know what is requisite for them to learn in this life or not.

What you say is true...however, we are not to keep quiet or else people shall say to the Lord why is it we were never told about this?

In the Early churches people were prophets, healers, seers etc. and these joyously shared what they knew for the edification of the whole congregation.

Also I release stuff as info only. Which make it the responsibility of the hearer to act on it or not.

But the wicked do not rejoice in hearing more on the Lord, because it prevents them from continuing in their lifestyles. It brings unrest and discomfiture them.

Isaiah 30:10 - Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:

Isaiah 30:11 - Get you out of the way, turn aside out of the path, cause the Holy One of Israel to cease from before us.

----------------------------------------------------------

2. The "truths" that we are supposed to learn in this life are not factual but experiential. When talking about 'spiritual truths', if a person says "there is truth here, go figure it out" there is no amount of knowledge or truth passed on by such a statement that the receiver gets from the giver of the statement. Spiritual truths are learned spiritually and through the spirit. We can testify to others and they can feel our spirit and then they will be touched by the spirit to help them comprehend the truth but ultimately the spirit is what teaches, not the messenger giving the message. When one teaches through the spirit there is no amount of 'credit' the messenger assumes as the teaching was through the spirit.

True...I think of it as a safeguard. It prevents those who are not ready from accepting it. So they will fight it. And in the future if they are ready the Holy Ghost may remind them of it. True fellowship can only happen when both walk in the Light as Christ is in the Light.

1 John 1:7 - But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

----------------

3. Any amount of secular knowledge we amass in this life is minuscule to what we have already learned in the pre-mortal existence. All of that previous learning will come back to us once we have the veil lifted from us. The value of learning ancient languages, names, history etc. is not in the accumulation of facts. That, will amount to next to zero compared to what your spirit already knows. However, the opportunity secular knowledge might open to provide more spiritual experiences and service is where the value of secular learning comes in. There are many types of secular learning that one person might have aptitude over another that for that person would provide spiritual experiences over another field for someone else.

Once we enter into His rest we rest from our labors. And all things that we need for a mission is given to us. If we go to another people and they speak a different language...then we shall understand and speak by the power of the Holy Ghost.

In the days of the Tower of Babel we all understood each other by the power of the Holy Ghost. But once the Holy Ghost withdrew from the people..they could no longer understand each other. And so the people separated themselves according to their languages.

Entering into the rest of the Lord his not been taught to us yet. President Benson in the eighties tried but the LDS were not listening. I think he called it .....the Blessing Hitherto Unknown.

And we have in OT and in Psalms.

Psalms 95:10 - Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:

Psalms 95:11 - Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.

I hope now you can better understand where I am coming from. The stuff I give can only benefit the people who are ready to hear. Even so if people read my posts long enough....when if they ever become ready...the Holy Ghost will remind them of these posts and they will be more pre-dispose to accept the teachings when God sends them to the people.

Brigham Young once said that Strangers would show up among the LDS inquiring and speaking on these things....and they are going to be given so plainly that people shall exclaim...This is plain, why did not I not see it this before?

bert10

I think your metaphor of throwing a stone is a little off. "... I threw a stone in the pack and the one that yelped is the one what was hit." It should be "... I threw a stone and the one that came over and put their arm around my shoulder and said, 'please don't throw stones' is the one that got hit."

For example, I am a nurse. I have found many spiritual experiences through that kind of learning that I wouldn't get if I studied ancient languages all my life. It has given me experiences of service and sacrifice and love that are valuable to me. For another person, though, those experiences wouldn't be as valuable. Maybe they would have more of what they need from this life in another type of study and pursuit. My sister has wonderful experiences with the music she writes that I wouldn't get out of that kind of work and study. My brother is an engineer and he finds experiences out of that kind of work that I am amazed he can find any spiritual link, but he does. You can't assume that everyone would gain from a specific field of secular knowledge just because you did. This is a very personal thing that some may benefit from but certainly not all "the Elect" as you put it.

My strong belief is that my knowledge of ancient languages will surpass any amount of study from the best scholar there is in this world once the veil is lifted from my eyes and I remember all the billions of years of training before I came here ... as it is with any specific secular field there might be in this world. The facts are meaningless without the spirit being touched and gaining a spiritual experience with it, as far as knowledge we will carry with us for our advantage in the next life.

True LDS temples dot the globe and yet the people do not enter into the Lord's rest. Why is that? Why is it that I see this people becoming more and more entangled with Babylon? As an Example do not today, we see our young sporting tattoos, piercings and nose jewels? And what did the Lord said He would do to the daughters of Zion whom today have fulfilled what is written?

Do not those who are wealthy dress in clothing far exceeding the regular price of clothes?

Do they not drive Luxurious cars and live in mansions instead of giving the money to the poor? This is the oppressing of the widows, and the orphans and the homeless...for these live by vanities and use their wealth on themselves and grind the nose of the poor.

Jeremiah 7:4 - Trust ye not in lying words, saying, The temple of the LORD, The temple of the LORD, The temple of the LORD, are these.

Jeremiah 7:5 - For if ye throughly amend your ways and your doings; if ye throughly execute judgment between a man and his neighbour;

Jeremiah 7:6 - If ye oppress not the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, and shed not innocent blood in this place, neither walk after other gods to your hurt:

Jeremiah 7:7 - Then will I cause you to dwell in this place, in the land that I gave to your fathers, for ever and ever.

Jeremiah 7:8 - Behold, ye trust in lying words, that cannot profit.

Jeremiah 7:9 - Will ye steal, murder, and commit adultery, and swear falsely, and burn incense unto Baal, and walk after other gods whom ye know not;

Jeremiah 7:10 - And come and stand before me in this house, which is called by my name, and say, We are delivered to do all these abominations?

Jeremiah 7:11 - Is this house, which is called by my name, become a den of robbers in your eyes? Behold, even I have seen it, saith the LORD.

Jeremiah 7:12 - But go ye now unto my place which was in Shiloh, where I set my name at the first, and see what I did to it for the wickedness of my people Israel.

I am a watchman of Ephraim who has not fallen asleep nor am I drunk with wine [Worldly philosophies]. I do sound the Alarm....to awaken them who are asleep.

Look around and see if I have not told the truth. And know that what GOD said concerning our Church because of these excesses in the things that I have mentioned and others which I have not.... shall come to pass.

P/S...I have never asked anyone to believe what I post above what God is saying to them. Neither do I have asked anyone to follow me nor asked for any money.

I gain nothing whether a person inquires of God what I have written is true or not.

Bert10

Baloney, Bert. Temples dot the globe. I would rather trust the Lord than you.

Edited by bert10

What you say is true...however, we are not to keep quiet or else people shall say to the Lord why is it we were never told about this?

Once we enter into His rest we rest from our labors. And all things that we need for a mission is given to us. If we go to another people and they speak a different language...then we shall understand and speak by the power of the Holy Ghost.

I hope now you can better understand where I am coming from. The stuff I give can only benefit the people who are ready to hear. Even so if people read my posts long enough....when if they ever become ready...the Holy Ghost will remind them of these posts and they will be more pre-dispose to accept the teachings when God sends them to the people.

bert10

I agree with pretty much everything you say here. I think the message some of us are trying to relay to you though is that there is a difference between "ready" to hear and "need" to hear. Suggesting that only the "Elite" are ready is not true as there are many "Elite" that do not need to understand everything you are presenting.

All you would have to do is change a few words, for example; "The stuff I give can only benefit the people who are ready [and needing] to hear." This is, of course, assuming that what you mean by "ready" is that they are "in tune with the spirit" and not some intellectual readiness. You could even soften that sentence up even more by replacing "I give" with "the spirit delivers".

The reason we use soft words is because I think it is better to have people do the right thing because they have been touched and specifically directed by the spirit and there has been a real change of heart rather than out of fear or guilt. The spirit of the Lord is not one of anxiety or "oh, no, what did I forget to do?", it is one of peace and comfort, a supportive positive feeling.

Also, "our labors" is very individual. A mother with 4 young children should not go out and preach to world at the expense of leaving the children behind in most cases, as an example. Because, going out to preach for that person would be resting from her true labor which is to teach her children. I agree with not resting from "our labors" but realize that we, for the most part, will have a hard time determining which labors are most important for any individual at any given time. I have a hard enough time figuring that out for myself let alone everyone else. To understand the "true" meaning of the word "Christ" for example is not necessarily something that all the "Elite" have to know or have to spend any great amount of time attempting to understand in this life. I would be satisfied with knowing about Jesus Christ without having to know the historical significance of the word "Christ". And I won't even feel guilty or scared for not knowing it.

Do you know why knowledge is important?...like I have said knowledge is not righteousness yet it is very important because, it helps in forming our vision.

The Lord said my people is dying because they have no vision...First come knowledge, then come the vision created by the knowledge, then follows the hope of it and then comes faith and works.

Every Elect has an unquenchable thirst and hunger for the righteousness of GOD and they shall continue on in their path until they have received the promises if they are not interrupted by death. We are never static either we are rising to newer and greater things in thoughts, knowledge and wisdom or we are regressing. That is way of things. Whether we increase or decrease in all things it is up to us.

That is where the prophet of the Church comes in. He can set goals for us for which as a people we may have a common vision, by which the faith of many can be added so that it may be made manifest in time.

And finally...Knowing about Christ is not knowing GOD. A man can learn about Christ all His life and yet not know GOD. God said of these that they are always learning but never coming to the knowledge of the truth.

The symbology for this...is the carpenter's Square. L To know GOD we have to cease just learning about Him which is the illusion and the horizontal leg of the square. To actually know GOD is to raise our knowledge heavenward by experiencing. - Which is walking in the way of perfection. (walking in the light as Christ is in the Light NT)

Now you noticed that eating from the tree of knowledge of good and evil brought death to Adam and Eve and the world fell to what we have today. When this happened GOD sent an Angel with a fiery sword to protect Adam and Eve from eating of the tree of life. So that they may not live forever in their sins. Death, woes, diseases, famines, accidents, plagues, corruption and aging etc came into the world to kill men and this is of the Tree of knowledge of good and evil.

The tree of life is characterized by the gospel of perfection if you read Hebrews chapter 6....we are to "THEREFORE leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection...."

There are basically two gospels. One for each of the two trees of the garden of Eden. The Gospel that belongs to the Tree of knowledge of good and evil is called the gospel of repentance. Which Christ said that He came to call sinners into repentance. As long as men keep eating from that tree they need to stay in repentance. Since they value "judging" more than non-judgmental-ness. The only true way to judge good and evil is to taste it. And when we taste evil..we need to repent. The self righteous judge good and evil by pre-judice...so these are not any more advance in their knowledge of good and evil.

This is as far I will go and I hope you can see where I am coming from. Giving others this knowledge is a beginning and all can build on it ..and after gaining a vision,,,they can progress to hope and after that to faith and works to make it a reality in their lives.

Knowledge versus belief.

A belief becomes knowledge when we have experience it. A truth not lived cannot set anyone free. Truth shall only set men free when they adopt it and live it in their lives.

The only way, we can know about good and evil that does not require "Tasting" (touching) is when the Lord tell us. And the Lord has given some commandments of things that we may never touch in order to find out if it is evil or not..such as to "Not Kill" for example...the rest where there is no commandment given...we are free to partake and realize it by fruits. It is much better to learn to walk in the Spirit then to spend our time tasting whether a thing is good or evil. There is no limit under the heavens to good and evil...and we could spend all of eternity in judging good and evil and we would never have complete knowledge of it.

bert10

I agree with pretty much everything you say here. I think the message some of us are trying to relay to you though is that there is a difference between "ready" to hear and "need" to hear. Suggesting that only the "Elite" are ready is not true as there are many "Elite" that do not need to understand everything you are presenting.

All you would have to do is change a few words, for example; "The stuff I give can only benefit the people who are ready [and needing] to hear." This is, of course, assuming that what you mean by "ready" is that they are "in tune with the spirit" and not some intellectual readiness. You could even soften that sentence up even more by replacing "I give" with "the spirit delivers".

The reason we use soft words is because I think it is better to have people do the right thing because they have been touched and specifically directed by the spirit and there has been a real change of heart rather than out of fear or guilt. The spirit of the Lord is not one of anxiety or "oh, no, what did I forget to do?", it is one of peace and comfort, a supportive positive feeling.

Also, "our labors" is very individual. A mother with 4 young children should not go out and preach to world at the expense of leaving the children behind in most cases, as an example. Because, going out to preach for that person would be resting from her true labor which is to teach her children. I agree with not resting from "our labors" but realize that we, for the most part, will have a hard time determining which labors are most important for any individual at any given time. I have a hard enough time figuring that out for myself let alone everyone else. To understand the "true" meaning of the word "Christ" for example is not necessarily something that all the "Elite" have to know or have to spend any great amount of time attempting to understand in this life. I would be satisfied with knowing about Jesus Christ without having to know the historical significance of the word "Christ". And I won't even feel guilty or scared for not knowing it.

Edited by bert10