Worlds of the Crystal Moon

Backroads

I absolutely LOVE these books. I would not normally pick these types of books to read, but I have a friend who would be up for the role of George for the movies if and when made who got me to read them.

I can't wait for book 3 to come out. I'm so sitting in suspense. I've been to book signings and to a huge party that was thrown last year for these books.

The characters in the books are interesting. You grow attached to them quite quickly. When one of the characters I learned to love dies..I was yelling out NOOOOOOOOO. You also hate the bad guys rather quickly as well. The humor of one of the characters (Payne) seriously made me laugh out loud.

The author Phillip Jones is very involved with his fan base which I have enjoyed. He has asked opinions for book 3 such as names for characters etc. I think perhaps since I've gotten to know the author, some of the people up for roles and some of the graphic artists personally..it brings new meaning for me to the books.

Again, these are books completely out of my usual genre but I LOVED them. I highly recommend them.

Edited by pam

Good to hear you like them. I actually read the first edition... and I have to confess I hated it. Though the author is very nice! I emailed him with my criticisms and he was great. I recently started reading the final edition, and so far it seems lots of improvement was made. I'll go with your recommendation and continue!

I know he recently finished the final edition of the 2nd book. I have an earlier edition.

Yes Phillip is great and really does listen to his readers and takes their suggestions and criticism seriously.

I'd never heard of the series, but I'm tempted to try it out. YA fiction has grown by such leaps and bounds (I'm guessing that's the genre?) that it really has a lot to offer. I used to read more sci-fi/fantasy novels in general when I was growing up because my brother was into it. In fact, I found one of his old Thomas Covenant series at my parents' house and borrowed it for awhile. They're a fun read.

• 6 months later...

Aren't those the books where the woman uses her magic staff for masturbation? I remember trying to read the first one...

I remember that. I think it was something I made fun of. (I tired to read the book twice and couldn't stand much of it.) She didn't masterbate with it persay, but the magic staff would reward good behavior with an orgasmic sensation.

• 8 months later...

The parts that deal with this are very very very very small. Having read the books, for a younger teenager I think I would be more concerned with the violence in the books. It can be very graphic.

Book 3 is coming out very soon. I am excited for it. Phillip left it at quite a cliff hanger. I keep telling him he needs to hurry up and get it out.

I am so excited. I was just chatting with the author and he promised me to be one of the first to get an autographed copy of the 3rd book when it comes out in a couple of months.

Edited by pam

• 7 months later...

For anyone that might be interested. Phillip Jones the author will be signing copies of all three of his books at the Costco in Sandy, Ut Saturday between 10 am and 6 pm.