The Pioneer Story

StrawberryFields

The Mormon Pioneer Trail

The trail from Nauvoo, Illinois, to the Great Salt Lake Valley was approximately 1,300 miles long and would ultimately lead 70,000 pioneers of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to the West. Take the journey with them. Stop along the trail and read their own accounts of what happened.

http://www.lds.org/gospellibrary/pioneer/pioneerstory.htm

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest funkyfool

yep interesting. cool yo. thanks for sharin yo. maybe ill readi t sometime yo. if yo know yo what im yo talkin about yo. ho ho ho

that's a hot dog begood

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the link Strawberry. I'm traveling through Wyoming right now (spending the night in Laramie) and it is just amazing how much the pioneers went through. I can just zip along the interstate in a few hours versus the weeks and weeks it took them over rutted trails and treacherous terrain. It was fun to follow their path on this web site.

• 2 months later...

Thanks, I had been wondering what the actual story behind the pioneer trek was.

But I believe I remember a part when it was just the women pulling carts because the men had died of left or something. Does anyone know the story of that part?

Yes I do believe that some of the men had died but also some were called to be part of The Mormon Battalion.

This is a video of a Poineer Trek and those wagons sure look heavy especially for those women. There are other videos to the right as you get to youtube.

Here is a link of some of the things that go into planning of a Poineer Trek. Our stake just got home from a trek.

Stakes who conducted a training trek are better prepared both physically and spiritually