I deserve better - Rant

PV2004

I don't know why the "LOL" either... so I thought I'd post a joke that this thread reminds me of.

A new, special kind of store just opened up in a Manhatten shopping center. This store sells husbands, yes that's right - women can browse men from floors of choices.

Actually, there are 6 floors of men, and with an increase in the floor level bringing an positive attributes... a nifty setup - with a catch. As you open the door to any floor, you may choose a man from that floor but if you go up, you cannot go back down except to exit the building. Interesting, right?

So a young woman goes to the shopping center to find a husband. On the first floor the sign on the door reads: Floor 1 - These men have jobs. The woman reads the sign and says to herself, "Well, that's better than my last boyfriend, but I wonder what's further up?" So up she goes.

The second floor sign reads: Floor 2 - These men have jobs and love kids. The woman remarks to herself, "That's great, but I wonder what's further up?" And up she goes again.

The third floor sign reads: Floor 3 - These men have jobs, love kids and are extremely good looking. "Hmmm, better" she says. "But I wonder what's upstairs?"

The fourth floor sign reads: Floor 4 - These men have jobs, love kids, are extremely good looking and help with the housework. "Wow!" exclaims the woman, "very tempting. BUT, there must be more further up!" And again she heads up another flight.

The fifth floor sign reads: Floor 5 - These men have jobs, love kids, are extremely good looking, help with the housework and have a strong romantic streak. "Oh, mercy me! But just think... what must be awaiting me further on?" So up to the sixth floor she goes.

The sixth floor sign reads: Floor 6 - You are visitor 7,548,652 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor only exists as proof that women are impossible to please

Heh - Back when I was inactive, a girl dated me as a way to prove a point to her parents. When she tired of me, she told me she wasn't interested in dating anyone who couldn't or wouldn't take her to the temple. So I got my temple recommend and married her. That seemed to shut 'er up.

If I have anything useful to add to this thread, it's this: It doesn't really matter what ticks you off and what doesn't - if you find someone who sees things roughly eye to eye on the big stuff, and both of you are open to the possibility of changing your mind on the small stuff, you've got a good chance at a happy marriage.

If it offends you to high heaven that someone uses a particular phrase and doesn't see anything wrong with it, my advice would be either to stop getting offended over it, or don't marry or be friends with people who do dat jargle.

Edited by Loudmouth_Mormon

LM aced this one. I agree.

I guess I'll add a little something too.. People should pick their battles wisely. But most of the time we nitpick at the minor stuff, making a big fuss out of it, and neglect the important stuff that really matters.

In the end, after reading a number of your comments, and have taken the time to think about why I am bugged about my friends comment (not offended which is different but I won't go into) I realized I don't really have an issue so much with the comment "I deserve better than that,". I can agree that a lot of people deserve better than what they currently have. I realized anyone could say it and I probably wouldn't care because that is their issue not mine.

I think the thing that bugs me is person who made the comment. I don't expect you to understand that, because you don't know all the facts to the situation. But it bugged me that such a person would make a comment like that when I know the pesons history and the decisions they have made in life, of which I didn't always agree with. It is hard for me to hear her say "I deserve better than that." when I see that she was not willing to fight or make the sacrifice for what she had ( at least in my opinion). In the end, I believe she took the easy way out of a particular situation and now wants to be rewarded "With something better." In my mind I found it somewhat hypicritical of the person. Again I don't expect you to necessarially understand that.

Also I admit most of you are probably right, I shouldn't let this bother me, so I am going to let it go. It is not worth the brain power to think about it. It doesn't effect me. It is her life. In the end I shouldn't really have an issue with it, because I am making a judgement on her life and the decisions she made when I probably shouldn't. In the end I don't have to agree with her, but I have to respect her right to chose.

It makes sense, PV2004.

It's hard to do a rant/vent about someone without dishing out all the facts/information. So you're right. None of us know this friend of yours or what other things were said. Glad you have come to peace with the situation though, or at least, are able to let it go.