Christ Made Clear Referance To The Modern "Sabbath Day"

Yahuchannon

I posted this same topic on another "Christian" forum to see what kind of responses I'd get and would like to hear your responses as well. I'm especially curious as to what Joseph Smith said concerning the Sabbath Day. Surely God would have cleared this up for him.

Here is my main point.

"I know that Christ rebuked the Pharisees for thier accusations against him working on the Sabbath Day but he never denied the Sabbath Day or said that anything was going to change about it. In fact when asked how to recieve eternal life he often spoke of obeying the Ten Direct Commandments of God. In response to them the only thing he said was things like, wouldn't you rescue your ox, or, haven't you read - it's ok for the priests on duty to work on the Sabbath Day. Perhaps the most evident scripture from Christ himself of the modern day Seventh Day Sabbath is:

Matthew 24

20 And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.

Why did the Sabbath Day change? Constantine changed it, and He accually ordered the deaths of those who refused to change to the first day of the week instead of the seventh. Now, who are we supposed to follow - Christ or Constantine? Just the fact that Constantine ordered the Seventh Day Sabbath keepers deaths tells me he didn't even know God."

Be Blessed,

Yahuchannon

Hahahhahaaaaa, why is it that everytime I ask the Mormon brethren a question I get answers that make so much sense? Thank you so much. If in fact Constantine wasn't the originator of this and the early church was, then It's good enough for me. It does make sense to make it the first day of the week now.

This would be a wee bit related to the birthday of Jesus Christ...

You will hear a lot of people say that the only reason the Church want to make you believe that December 25 is the birthday of Jesus Christ is because of the Pagan Festival that happens at that time. They use this argument to say that Christian practices are derived from Pagan practices.

We don't really care much WHEN the actual birthday of Jesus Christ is. What matters more is that EVERYBODY - Christians and non-Christians alike celebrate the day together to promote peace, love, and kindness - things that Jesus taught - in honor of His name.

sorry. i stand corrected. i just feel that there is no getting around that sabbath day reference he did also say that the laws would never change even the slightest bit. also the early church did keep the sabbath. just needed to say that since i felt so heavily convicted. want to say more but on bus now...lol.

be blessed brothers and sisters

I posted this same topic on another "Christian" forum to see what kind of responses I'd get and would like to hear your responses as well. I'm especially curious as to what Joseph Smith said concerning the Sabbath Day. Surely God would have cleared this up for him.

Here is my main point.

"I know that Christ rebuked the Pharisees for thier accusations against him working on the Sabbath Day but he never denied the Sabbath Day or said that anything was going to change about it. In fact when asked how to recieve eternal life he often spoke of obeying the Ten Direct Commandments of God. In response to them the only thing he said was things like, wouldn't you rescue your ox, or, haven't you read - it's ok for the priests on duty to work on the Sabbath Day. Perhaps the most evident scripture from Christ himself of the modern day Seventh Day Sabbath is:

Matthew 24

20 And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.

Why did the Sabbath Day change? Constantine changed it, and He accually ordered the deaths of those who refused to change to the first day of the week instead of the seventh. Now, who are we supposed to follow - Christ or Constantine? Just the fact that Constantine ordered the Seventh Day Sabbath keepers deaths tells me he didn't even know God."

Be Blessed,

Yahuchannon

I don't think constantine was the one who first thought of the change... he probably was the one to enforce it in the extreme. Quite likely there were many who were observing the sabbath on the first in Honoring Christ's resurrection... There is one or two mentions in the new testament of the saints gathering on the first day instead of the seventh.

I do appreciate your input on this and like I said the main reason I posted this was to see Joseph's writings on this, and not to persuade or disrespect. Thanks again.

there has been no disrespect i find your form of asking and responding to be respectful.