1st calling and a request

Now a pet peeve about the missionary calendar:

Unfortunatly since both my wife and I work (we're older with no kids at home) and don't get home until after 6:30 at the earliest, we can only feed the missionaries on weekends. Yet weekends are always taken way in advance, thus we almost never are able to feed the missionaries. Come on people; if you can feed the missionaries on a weeknight, please do so and leave the missionaries free on weekends for people like us.

A couple of thoughts. First, you can take food to the missionaries the night before. That doesn't allow you to spend time with them, unfortunately. But, it does allow you to feed them.

Secondly, you can contact the calendar person and ask for a couple of weekends in advance. Call him/her today and ask for the next weekend. If that means it's March, then at least you are on there. I would venture to say that most people want to fulfill their callings and want to help you, so just make him/her aware of your schedule and I'm sure they will try to accomodate you.

A couple of thoughts. First, you can take food to the missionaries the night before. That doesn't allow you to spend time with them, unfortunately. But, it does allow you to feed them.

Secondly, you can contact the calendar person and ask for a couple of weekends in advance. Call him/her today and ask for the next weekend. If that means it's March, then at least you are on there. I would venture to say that most people want to fulfill their callings and want to help you, so just make him/her aware of your schedule and I'm sure they will try to accomodate you.

Great ideas, beefche!

One thing I have done before is to call the people who signed up for the one and only day that I can have the missionaries over and ask them if they would like to swap days with me.

A couple of thoughts. First, you can take food to the missionaries the night before. That doesn't allow you to spend time with them, unfortunately. But, it does allow you to feed them..

Its the fellowship we want also -- our missionaries never go hungry, there's way more people willing to feed them than there are nights in a year.

A pretty good idea, will do that, but I still stand by " if you can feed the missionaries on a weeknight, please do so and leave the missionaries free on weekends for people like us. "

Maybe i shouldnt come here any more if u get so huffy about someones question or questions geesh,,,,,,,,,

No big deal, Roseslipper. People answered before I could get back to the boards. I don't know who this person is, but it's not me.

I was able to take one of my regular elders and a newbie to lunch. Turns out the newbie's great (great?) grandfather came through here with one of the handcart companies. It's like living history to meet a direct descendant of the handcart treks. I suppose there are many of them out West, but since they moved on from here, I guess there aren't too many descendants around this area. Very cool!

Maybe i shouldnt come here any more if u get so huffy about someones question or questions geesh,,,,,,,,,

I wasn't getting huffy at all. Sorry if that's how you read it. You asked her this on another thread and she answered it. That's all I was saying.