Advice needed. On getting back on the horse.

xoomer

So, some of you may remember me for some "interesting" Problems I had. well, that's pretty much dealt with. but I lost track of the church, and because of work (What an Excuse) Started skipping, I have not been to my ward for over a year. In November I quit my job to pursue another Career and now have Sundays off. I've been to one meeting where I wandered in Quite unprepared to be at church (I was a ride in a ward far far away)

So enough of the typing and telling of the story My question is How does one get back on the right track? I finally managed to give up smoking, I'm following the WoW and I just need to get back into going to service and having Sunday being Gods day.

Can I have some Advice?

X

Normandy Park, Washington

Hi xoomer,

Welcome back - sounds like some of the painful things you've gone through are a bit less painful now that some time has passed. It sounds like you're already on the right track. Giving up smoking can be terribly hard.

Remember - you don't have to be perfect. It's a worthy-enough goal to be slightly better than you were yesterday. And yes, God understands that we step backwards sometimes.

Progressing in the Gospel is a one-day-at-a-time thing. Don't expect things to be easy, and don't let setbacks cause you to give up. Just focus on each day, each minute even if you have to.

Congratulations on quitting smoking! My husband has been fighting the urge to smoke for years, and sometimes he gives in and then has to go back to square one. It's not easy, but it's another one of those things that you just have to take one day at a time.

Good luck!

i recommend just going to church, talk to some friends within the church and try and get a social network going, they will help support you when you feel out of your depth again :)

study the scriptures and pray, God knows your intention is to rejoin the path he laid out for you and i believe Our Father loves and understands our flaws, therefore don't hesistate in allowing yourself to progress, for this will only cause more pain... basically, in english - get stuck in! :P

God loves you will support you along the way

PM me if you have any other concerns, i'd love to offer more advice

Congrats on taking the first step back, and good luck :)

MichaelC :)

Personally I'm having the same problem is you are, but if you don't have a reason you can't go to church, just go.

I work 3rd shift and I would never be able to make it during the church hours from 9:30-12:30 because that would be like you going to church from 3-6am. I know and talk to the missionaries but the problem is I don't even know who our bishop is of the ward or our stake leader or anything.

I have thought of different ways of trying to work around it but the problem is it just cannot be done. I don't get home until after 7am and it isn't possible to just get an hour of sleep or so and if I went to church and stayed up that would be like pulling an all nighter and I would have no desire to concentrate on any of the teachings or be social with anyone so that kind of takes the purpose of going out.

So I am kind of stuck as far as church goes but everything else usually works out fine in my schedule.