4 hour diet

prospectmom

Prospectmom...you do what is best for you. I know nothing about this program. Yet I always shy away from anything that promises quick weight loss. Quick weight loss usually equates to quick gain right after once you stop.

Good luck to you and keep us informed how you are doing.

Edited by pam
spelling

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK silly me:eek: I did not weigh or measure to start so will do that tomorrow when my sweet daughter will be here to help. I am not hungry at all and so far this is going really well. Beans , eggs, vegis, protein, spinach salad, nuts kimchee are all part of my first 3 days the premise is simple meals 4 times a day eating a lot of the same just no fruit no white.. bread, potatoes, rice pasta etc..... No dairy except cottage cheese. I can use salsa and seasonings. I am almost through the first pound of black beans I cooked Sunday and am on my second dozen eggs although I am sure my family have ate some of them. Water, teas and only up to 2 diet sodas are allowed a day I drink flavored, carbonated water,green tea. My problem so far is I am full its hard to eat within 30 minutes of rising but I have black beans and 2 eggs scrambled with spinach onion and tomatoes. I have never been good at dieting cause I automatically get hungry but I changed my mindset and got healthier and lost almost 80 lbs last year by simply eating more vegis, water quitting soda and protein with every meal then I hit a wall. I also walk, and zumba 2 to 3 times a week as well as isometrics and weight lift on my bowflex as well as a lot of core stretching. So day three was a success and am looking forward to day 4 I will measure and weigh as I really can't conduct an experiment without all the facts huh :D I appreciate all the comments and look forward to seeing how this experiment works ......

For all those who haven't read the book and only looked at the chapter titles you should see all the research behind all the claims would I go to some of the extremes stated-in the book NO WAY but it is a good read. So I need to edit this and prepare for night ..... blessings to you all... Terry

PS ... Thanks Pam for the positive support I so appreciate you.

Ok so day 4 is ok sticking to my plan thinking a lot about food.... Realizing how many times I eat when I was not really hungry . Now I am not hungry but trying to follow the diet . Beans are filling :} anyway so far today is going well and this is probably the most honest and true I have been to a diet. I will fill you all in later the brutal truths of measurements and goals.

you lucky folks :]

you lucky folks :]

Not so lucky, girl! I have 30 pounds to go. For a girl of 5 foot nothing, that's a LOT.

So yeah, send some vibes my way too! :)

It's been raining and cold here. I usually walk 3-4 miles every other day but I can't get myself outside with this rain. So, it's been putting a downer in my weight loss goal.

By the way - I know I'm doing something completely different than you - just thought I'd share... my husband (my continuous source of health info - he's a health fanatic) threw away our scale. He said it is more a psychological downer/liar than it is beneficial. He said that weight fluctuates due to water retention/muscle-building etc. He wants me to measure my success using the size of my pants. So, he said it is a good goal because everytime I drop a pants size, I get to buy new pants. Well, unfortunately, I haven't needed new pants yet. Waaaaa!

That is what I use to do not weigh or measure go by looseness and ability to buy new smaller cloths. This diet is restrictive in it is very line by line and I skipped the weigh and measure :} I am fixing that today.

We have a glorious sunny day today so remember it is sunny somewhere... If I do not feel like exercising I do isometric's and stretching which is better than nothing. I appreciate your sharing and look forward to input from you all. The diet on is suppose to help start fast weight loss so we will see in the end it is the long term that is my goal and this is just part of my journey..... I am willing work for it and my kids and hubby are being ok with it.

Not so lucky, girl! I have 30 pounds to go. For a girl of 5 foot nothing, that's a LOT.

So yeah, send some vibes my way too! :)

It's been raining and cold here. I usually walk 3-4 miles every other day but I can't get myself outside with this rain. So, it's been putting a downer in my weight loss goal.

By the way - I know I'm doing something completely different than you - just thought I'd share... my husband (my continuous source of health info - he's a health fanatic) threw away our scale. He said it is more a psychological downer/liar than it is beneficial. He said that weight fluctuates due to water retention/muscle-building etc. He wants me to measure my success using the size of my pants. So, he said it is a good goal because everytime I drop a pants size, I get to buy new pants. Well, unfortunately, I haven't needed new pants yet. Waaaaa!

I guess it depends on who you talk to about the scale. Many articles I have read going into my weight loss plan this year talk about the importance of the scale and weighing regularly.

I guess it depends on who you talk to about the scale. Many articles I have read going into my weight loss plan this year talk about the importance of the scale and weighing regularly.

In fact, people that weigh-in regularly are most successful in staying on track with their weight loss plan and maintaining their goal weight once achieved. The scale doesn't lie. What you weigh is what you weigh. However, your body is what goes through changes and therefore fluctuates in weight gain/loss. But the scale is always brutally honest. The best way to learn what is temporary weight gain and what isn't temporary weight gain, is by becoming familiar with how your body responds to the foods you eat and the workouts you do. That means weighing yourself regularly, so you can observe patterns in weight gain/loss and make note of it. Eventually you'll know your own body well enough that when you step onto the scale and it suddenly reads 2lbs heavier—you don't beat yourself up over it because you know it's just water retention from sodium, thus it's temporary weight gain.

If you get psyched out by the scale, keeping track of pant sizes is definitely an alternative way of monitoring one's weight loss. But it's not as accurate in terms of keeping data of weight. Sometimes the body tones up and slims down but the weight remains the same. So while you've dropped a couple pant sizes but your weight isn't much different. Of course, if you don't really care about the number on the scale and are only concerned about fitting into a certain pant size, then this is a system that can work. But personally, I like keeping track of my weight and learning how my body works, so I use the scale daily.

But again like, Pam, said. Depends on who you talk to.

Well I forgot today/ I needed to go to a meeting then chaperon a homecoming dance so didn't get to measure or weigh as the scales are in my dad's room and he is asleep. I did get to dance alittle and go up and down the stairs a lot as well ad do sweeps outside. The diet is going well, feel good and if I would have weighed and measured I am sure there is some difference as I can feel it so will get it done tomorrow cause what is an experiment with out stats.... silly me ha ha

In fact, people that weigh-in regularly are most successful in staying on track with their weight loss plan and maintaining their goal weight once achieved. The scale doesn't lie. What you weigh is what you weigh. However, your body is what goes through changes and therefore fluctuates in weight gain/loss. But the scale is always brutally honest. The best way to learn what is temporary weight gain and what isn't temporary weight gain, is by becoming familiar with how your body responds to the foods you eat and the workouts you do. That means weighing yourself regularly, so you can observe patterns in weight gain/loss and make note of it. Eventually you'll know your own body well enough that when you step onto the scale and it suddenly reads 2lbs heavier—you don't beat yourself up over it because you know it's just water retention from sodium, thus it's temporary weight gain.

If you get psyched out by the scale, keeping track of pant sizes is definitely an alternative way of monitoring one's weight loss. But it's not as accurate in terms of keeping data of weight. Sometimes the body tones up and slims down but the weight remains the same. So while you've dropped a couple pant sizes but your weight isn't much different. Of course, if you don't really care about the number on the scale and are only concerned about fitting into a certain pant size, then this is a system that can work. But personally, I like keeping track of my weight and learning how my body works, so I use the scale daily.

But again like, Pam, said. Depends on who you talk to.

Completely agree with you Bini!

That's the thing about my husband. He is training me to not care about the weight.

Okay, more history: I was 88 lbs at 5 foot nothing when I was in the Philippines. I was sickly. So, before I can move to the US, I set a goal of 95lbs. It took me 2 years of protein supplements to finally make it to 94lbs - and I moved to the USA in September. By December I was 100lbs. A year later I was 125lbs... and I was sickly again.

So, I set my goal to 100-105lbs weight. It was fine when I was younger. It was easy. Then I had the 2 kids. I've been obsessing over that weight ever since causing me a lot of stress.

My husband don't do weighing scale - okay, he does check his weight at the doctor's office. He goes by how much steel he can lift and what size pants he is wearing. And so, he is teaching me to ditch the scale and go by the pant size and my overall health and stop obsessing. So now, I say, I need to lose 30 lbs. from the weight I clocked at the doctor's office. Whether I lose 30 or not, is really not my goal. I just need to get into my pants again and get my blood pressure back in control.

Edited by anatess

Well I forgot today/ I needed to go to a meeting then chaperon a homecoming dance so didn't get to measure or weigh as the scales are in my dad's room and he is asleep. I did get to dance alittle and go up and down the stairs a lot as well ad do sweeps outside. The diet is going well, feel good and if I would have weighed and measured I am sure there is some difference as I can feel it so will get it done tomorrow cause what is an experiment with out stats.... silly me ha ha

It takes time to get in the so called "groove" of things :)

Anatess, I can relate to the obsession of weight loss. It's tough! Another idea that may help you see changes is taking photos of yourself every couple of weeks or monthly. I do this and am able to see significant changes. I take shots of me front ways and side ways (unclothed to really see the changes). Measuring your arms, waist and thighs can also show you how much you've slimmed down/toned up. Anyway, neither method requires a scale :)

Today is day 5 and my hardest as I am doing the gate at the basket ball game and I am right next to concessions ... mmmmmmm pretzels with cheese .... chili cheese nachos mmmmmmmc candy bars,,,,,, soda,,,,ok all done with that I will be ok planning is everything and am bringing eggs yumm and some beans and drinking my protein shake and bringing some nuts so will get back this challenge today . Will talk later and input my data .... I appreciate all your support and ideas guys.

OK we are on day 8 and so far so good.....I had such a busy weekend I did not have time to get on.

Here is where I am at WEIGHT 232

HIPS 481/2 INCHES

WAIST 38 INCHES

CHEST 41 1/2 INCHES

ARMS 15 INCHES EACH SIDE

THIGHS R 30 1/2 L 30 INCHES

OK THAT IS REALLY PUTTING ME OUT THERE BEING SO HONEST BUT i AM USING IT AS A MOTIVATOR AND HOW CAN I FACE YOU ALL IF I DO NOT CONTINUE TO SUCCEED RIGHT. :}

Oh... my... WORD! You are a GODDESS for being brave enough to post that on the internet!

I know S,lam but that is just how serious I am :}

What's your target prospect?

My goal to start is to be under 200 lbs by 4/17/2011

Ok as a woman I know this is crazy to put it all out there like that but that is to me giving me no way to back out ...I can take it wait till I put my pic's up ha ha

I know S,lam but that is just how serious I am :}

My goal to start is to be under 200 lbs by 4/17/2011

Ok as a woman I know this is crazy to put it all out there like that but that is to me giving me no way to back out ...I can take it wait till I put my pic's up ha ha

Sounds great!

Save this post. If you make your target on 4/17/2011 and keep it off by 6/17/2011, I'm gonna have a surprise for you (if you don't mind giving me your snail mail address so I can send you something)...

That should give you added incentive, eh?

YEA how sweet.... I will message it to you. I am so hyped talked to my dr today and she says it may help with my chronic pain loosing weight and I may end up reducing my meds. I am really pumped and looking forward to the days ahead. No chocolate today for Valentines Day a first but I will have a piece on Saturday. My measuring will be on Mondays. gotta go! I will check in tomorrow.

That's a great target, Prospectmom! Just remember to continue being positive when results vary from what your goal is. But you sound very focused and motivated, obviously those are the two most essential ingredients when it comes to walking the talk.

I'll keep popping in!

That's a great target, Prospectmom! Just remember to continue being positive when results vary from what your goal is. But you sound very focused and motivated, obviously those are the two most essential ingredients when it comes to walking the talk.

I'll keep popping in!

Yeah, Bini... you would also need to be very healthy at this time. Your baby will take all the nutrients he needs and leaves you with the leftovers. So, to stay healthy, you need to be sure you got enough nutrients in your diet to support you and your baby. The most important thing is iron and lots of water.

And it is beneficial to continue to exercise (you will need to do baby-friendly exercise routines) to keep your body in tune for the work it has to do in the next 9 months.

The ideal weight gain for pregnancy is 23 lbs and it is normal to lose weight in the first trimester.

Your preggers Bini soooo cooool..... I wish I was that young again enjoy it I did 7 times.

Day 9 zumba'd today and did well on my diet ..... feeling good and determined

I do Zumba too! Or did, not since Christmas if I'm going to be completely honest. It's a fun class, especially if you have a girlfriend or girlfriends to go with. Keep the determination up!