The exorcism (movie)

questions67

I remember being like 10 and 11 and going Trick-or-Treating, then coming home with my brothers (a twin and a younger brother) to watch Child's Play and Jason, keeping the sound down so our parents wouldn't hear. Which is bizarre, because I used to be incapable of watching the witch's song on The Little Mermaid. I'm still traumatized from walking on on my dad watching It when I was like 5.

Though the trauma thing can be good. For years we would use it to keep my little brothers away from movies we didn't want them watching. My mom and I were X-Files addicts, and my baby brothers were scared of that show to the point of hiding if they head the theme song. So if we didn't want them coming in while we were watching a movie not meant for little kids, we simply said it was X-Files.

They're 17 years old now and still have issues with scary movies.

I remember being like 10 and 11 and going Trick-or-Treating, then coming home with my brothers (a twin and a younger brother) to watch Child's Play and Jason, keeping the sound down so our parents wouldn't hear. Which is bizarre, because I used to be incapable of watching the witch's song on The Little Mermaid. I'm still traumatized from walking on on my dad watching It when I was like 5.

Though the trauma thing can be good. For years we would use it to keep my little brothers away from movies we didn't want them watching. My mom and I were X-Files addicts, and my baby brothers were scared of that show to the point of hiding if they head the theme song. So if we didn't want them coming in while we were watching a movie not meant for little kids, we simply said it was X-Files.

They're 17 years old now and still have issues with scary movies.

Yea, and my old man would sneak around the house and bang on the windows at the climax of Poltergeist. And I pretty much did (actually, do) the same to my kids. And we wonder why they say it takes three generations to overcome anything.

Truly, psychological horrors are more terrifying to me than "critter movies". Zombies, sawing/hacking/slashing flicks don't get me going as much as a storyline that messes with my brains..

Despite my mom's long love affair with Stephen King, she now only likes psychological horror. She was all set to see Devil until I explained to her that it really literally was 5 people trapped in an elevator and one of them was the Devil. :diablo:

I am kind of a film connoisseur, and films such as the Exorcism and Rosemary's Baby look so interesting, yet I have yet to watch them becuase I know that we are warned against discussing evil spirits and what not and the last thing that I want is to invite any evil spirits into my life. For you guys that have seen these movies, do you regret seeing them? Or are they simply interesting movies that wont harm the spirit away?

I've seen the Exorcist twice. It was extremely well done for not having really any computer special effects. The director does a terrific job of capturing the whole atmosphere of it all. You will hopefully feel as though you are actually in the story and being a part of the experience. However, some parts are some what unrealistic but I didn't find they really took away from the movie. It is definitely one of the best if not the best horror movie I've seen with regards to the supernatural. This movie may cause you to have trouble sleeping if you are alone.

I enjoyed reading the book adaptation of Alien... altho it gave me nightmares for a week.

Our family classic scary movie is the old, "Haunting of Hill House"- which is very very well done, especially considering it's from the black and white movie era. (about the only good thing i can say about the redo is the sets for the movie >.<)

Psycho is another old good one.

The worst for me as a kid and still to this day is the "Wizard of Oz". The wha??? Yep!

Several reasons:

To start with: Satan in disguise - the supposed "good" witch of the north (like there really is such a thing as a GOOD witch so I should have known better) first KILLED her sister, and then LIED to us all but the utmost evil was...SHE knew ALL ALONG that all Dorothy had to do to avoid all the close death experiences, haunted forrest, poison flowers, fire, the tin man rusting, scary green head behind the curtain and worst of all.... the FLYING MONKEYS!!!!...was to click her stupid sparkly red shoes together three times but did she tell her??? NOOOOOOOO! Now what kind of TRUE EVIL entity would DO such a thing?

Those flying monkeys still scare the mess out of me. I can't explain it. Maybe it's the beady eyes, or the motel bagboy box hats they wear..I'm not sure. I do not like them flying monkeys.

WAIT!! I TAKE THAT BACK! The scariest EVER is the homemade film of my first wedding. When the camera pans to an EXTREME closeup of the x mother-n-law. The "exorsist" ain't got nothing on this film. I still experience cold sweats at night from seeing it just once and that was 20+ years ago! YEEEEOOOWEEEEEE!!!!!! When I found the film in an old box in our barn a few years back I picked it up with my three foot grill tongs, transported it CAREFULLY to our 55 gallon metal burn barrel which was stoked up so high the flames were felt by my next door neighbor and over it went. When the vcr tape/film hit the bottom I swear I heard a loud scream like those caused by gnashing of teeth and then the strong smell of sulfer reeked for about 30 minutes before the fire died down and the beast was stilled. People of this forum...please..consider and put MUCH thought into it before you record/film real events that happen in our lives on this Earth. Reality is the scariest thing I know of and remember, the film you create could possibly warp minds for generations to come.

The worst for me as a kid and still to this day is the "Wizard of Oz". The wha??? Yep!

Several reasons:

To start with: Satan in disguise - the supposed "good" witch of the north (like there really is such a thing as a GOOD witch so I should have known better) first KILLED her sister, and then LIED to us all but the utmost evil was...SHE knew ALL ALONG that all Dorothy had to do to avoid all the close death experiences, haunted forrest, poison flowers, fire, the tin man rusting, scary green head behind the curtain and worst of all.... the FLYING MONKEYS!!!!...was to click her stupid sparkly red shoes together three times but did she tell her??? NOOOOOOOO! Now what kind of TRUE EVIL entity would DO such a thing?

Those flying monkeys still scare the mess out of me. I can't explain it. Maybe it's the beady eyes, or the motel bagboy box hats they wear..I'm not sure. I do not like them flying monkeys.

I hate to blame the Witch of the North too much. In the book they were two separate people: I think Glinda was the Witch of the South, and there was a separate Witch of the North.

Guest mirancs8

No regret at all. Enjoy those movies. I believe some of them are based on true stories. Rose Mary's baby will have you twisted up for a while just a warning. Very emotion film.