Book of Jeraneck?

LDSChristian

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a half of truth...the whole truth concerning Light is that it has an opposite called darkness.

True The Father and the Son cannot lie. Their nature is Light and Life and it is also true because Satan's nature is Darkness he cannot tell the truth. This is as far as I will go with you.

bert10

So you are saying that the false prophet created a false Church with true Doctrine? And what would angel rafael be doing in the British Ilse?

Can you name the last 3 Presidents of the LDS Church?

If you were taught of GOD would you seek to be taught of men who are spouting nothing new than one could find on the LDS website?

The good news that I bring is that all men are to be taught of GOD as it was prophesied...for the last days. And also do you not believe the words of Jesus which said...they who have heard and learned of the Father cometh unto me?

John 6:45 - It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

Jesus did not say listen to men and their wisdom because they call themselves LDS. He said....everyman therefore that hath heard and hath learned of the Father cometh unto me.

Has Christ given us another way by which we can come unto Him? No.

So what is the problem? Have I said...follow me? Or have I taught to be led of the Spirit? Have I asked for money? Do I post to make friends but to share what I know?

Is it not written in Hebrews..6:1...Hebrews 6:1 - THEREFORE leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,Therefore let us leaveLet us therefore move on unto perfection

J. Smith says it a little differently. But it is easily reconciled when one understands that the gospel of repentance and the gospel of perfection are both from Christ.

What is the difference? Well they who enter into the gospel of perfection will receive some of the gifts mentioned in Hebrews 6:4-6 and the warning is if one fails in this thing...He cannot be renewed unto repentance by the power of the Holy Ghost...so these are the ones who allow themselves to be overcome by the devil and become sons of perdition since this is also considered as the unforgivable sin...because repentance cannot be had.

Where else can you get this type of teachings?

Did not God say...be ye holy for I am holy?

Pompous, arrogance nope. I do not have the time to chit chat my time away. I refuse to consider any ones position? Have you listened to yourself?

Do I imagine I know all the gospel no. I am still seeking, knocking and asking.

Much of my post....I write as I listen.

You are accusing me of many things and are publicly condemning me, even after I have said that I am always meaning to speak generally. I do not hold it against you at this time that you are feeling the way you do. ...but listen and take heed...the fruits do manifest what we are. And it is written...

Revelation 12:10 - And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night

Micheal the Archangel who is greater than all of us in might and power and wisdom...did not dare to bring an accusation even against the Devil.

Jude 1:9 0 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

Do you remember why the Lord called Judas a devil. If we do those things that devils do...who are we? And who is our master?

We can judge the act of divorcing, the act of killing, of Stealing etc. But we do not need to judge the person doing those things. For GOD is the judge of us all.

bert10

So you are saying that because I don't understand you, I am in darkness. And no, you haven't answered a single thing. You hide behind the scriptures. You are nowhere to be found in your commentary. This forum is about mutual edification. Not you coming in here preaching to us and telling us all we are wrong and in darkness, serving Satan. You refuse to learn from anyone here. You refuse to consider anyone's positions because you are stuck in your own sense of prideful and pompous self righteousness. Your words are not given any weight because they don't connect nor match what is taught by God, modern revelation and the Gospel in general.

Edited by bert10

No that is not what I am saying. But the possibilities with GOD are endless. For all things are possible with GOD.

I merely counseled to not judge by prejudice. And not use the same logic that Christians are using against the BOM to reject the Book of Jereneck. I merely gave the law of GOD which state that if a thing says that Jesus is the Christ and that Jesus is the Son of GOD then this is of GOD. I do not mean by this the whole book is of GOD.

I do not make these things up. I have read this book and found nothing that would lead me to wickedness. I have also said that one does not have to judge everything on the spot. The LDS have themselves written books of fictional stories that do edify and some not so much. We can all choose to retain what is good in those book and leave of the rest.

I also counseled where and how to get our truths about all things. And my words on this did not differ what Jesus has taught.

Not really, my problem if you guys do not like what I have shared. I did not post to make friends or make converts...but simply to share what I know. And it is a real experience and privilege to just share what we know with others even if they totally reject it.

I make no other claims than this. As for this man who calls himself a prophet not my problem if he is one or not. At this time he has nothing to do with me. So I do not have to spend time and effort in finding out.

Also if he is working against GOD he shall be removed in due time. For we are in the times right now where mighty works shall be witnessed by us. If we live. When the Apostles came to Jesus and said they rebuked a man for doing miracles in the name of Jesus and was not of them. What did Jesus say..to jump him and beat him up? No. He said to leave him alone..for who is not against us is for us.

So leave this fellow alone and let God deal with Him. And if he is working against God, then he is God's problem. Again as for the book...I have found nothing that led me to wickedness while or after reading it.

bert10

So you are saying that the false prophet created a false Church with true Doctrine? And what would angel rafael be doing in the British Ilse?

Can you name the last 3 Presidents of the LDS Church?

(TGFR - I'm just using your post as a springboard - this isn't intended as an attack on your perspective, but as a differing view from the general tenor of the non-bert-related post)

I think this particular book should be tested on its own merits. It should be checked for internal consistency. Props to Rameumptum for actually reading the book before dismissing it out-of-hand. It claims to be an additional testament of the Lord's work among scattered tribes. This in and of itself is a Book of Mormon theme. Ram has found some things that don't match his litmus test (the quantity of Christ-centered testimony being the primary indicator). We can either take his word for it (assuming we have the same threshold for Christology), or we have to look into it ourselves.

Concerning the origin of the book, I don't recall there being a requirement that future works come from the Senior Apostle (we don't even sustain the modern Prophet as "translator"). Elder Oaks seems to think that such records can be found through temporal means (he sites the Dead Sea Scrolls as an example of how this can happen).

Regarding Gill not being President Monson - I'm pretty sure he knows that. We can view this similar to the schism that happened at the time of the Apostolic Interregnum. Many threads on this forum have demonstrated that the modern church is different from the church at the time of Joseph. We need to learn if the changes are inspired or not (if you've gained a witness of this, then end of story - follow President Monson). If not, we should start looking at splinter groups, including Gill's.

Once again, I applaud Ram for actually reading the text and using argumentas based on that. For the rest of us (who haven't read it), we should be honest about what we don't like about it. For the most part, I'm hearing that the individual is happy with the truth contained in the CoJCoLDS and don't feel a need to look elsewhere (I may be projecting, because that's the real reason that I haven't read it yet). Simply saying Gill's not our prophet, ergo the work is false, is not sufficient. Saying Gill is a false prophet is also insufficient for ignoring his work without stating why he's a false prophet (again, simply saying "not our prophet" is insufficient, as is saying "bogus book" (unless you're Ram) - because that's just circular reasoning).

Thanks Mordorbund. I agree that we must test all things before judging. In this, I agree with Bert. Possibly the only thing, however.

The book as a parable against modern warfare is a good one, and I would recommend it. As a book of scripture, as Gill claims it to be, I cannot recommend it.

Now, as a Moderator here, I'm going to give everyone a warning regarding discussing things with courtesy towards one another. It is one thing to disagree, another thing to be disagreeable.

Bert, LDS.Net is not the place for you to judge others as to whether they are worthy or not. Do that in your own website or home.

At the same time, others have been excessively harsh in accusing Bert. We need to focus on the discussion, and not on taking jabs at the person. This is not the place for Slamjet to commiserate at how Bert called divorced people (of which I am/was one) children of Satan. Nor is it a place for us to call Bert on the carpet, although his ideas and methodologies for most of us are different. And it especially is not the place for Bert to be stepping in for the place of everyone's bishops (official judges in Israel) and determining their spiritual worth.

As Volgadon noted, the economy and government of God does not function in chaos. Each of us is called to be a prophet in our own right, but this is within our own realm of responsibility (self, family, callings), and not outside of it. We do not have the right to condemn others outside this area, we only have the responsibility to bring our concerns to the bishop or other appropriate authority, who is the judge in Israel. For this, Bert does not have the right nor responsibility to call others here on the carpet. Words of guidance? Yes. Words of counsel? Yes. Words of prophetic command? No.

So, let's change the tone on this thread, or I'm going to shut it down. Future attacks by anyone will result in an official warning.

If you were taught of GOD would you seek to be taught of men who are spouting nothing new than one could find on the LDS website?

The good news that I bring is that all men are to be taught of GOD as it was prophesied...for the last days. And also do you not believe the words of Jesus which said...they who have heard and learned of the Father cometh unto me?

John 6:45 - It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

Jesus did not say listen to men and their wisdom because they call themselves LDS. He said....everyman therefore that hath heard and hath learned of the Father cometh unto me.

Has Christ given us another way by which we can come unto Him? No.

So what is the problem? Have I said...follow me? Or have I taught to be led of the Spirit? Have I asked for money? Do I post to make friends but to share what I know?

Is it not written in Hebrews..6:1...Hebrews 6:1 - THEREFORE leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,Therefore let us leaveLet us therefore move on unto perfection

J. Smith says it a little differently. But it is easily reconciled when one understands that the gospel of repentance and the gospel of perfection are both from Christ.

What is the difference? Well they who enter into the gospel of perfection will receive some of the gifts mentioned in Hebrews 6:4-6 and the warning is if one fails in this thing...He cannot be renewed unto repentance by the power of the Holy Ghost...so these are the ones who allow themselves to be overcome by the devil and become sons of perdition since this is also considered as the unforgivable sin...because repentance cannot be had.

Where else can you get this type of teachings?

Did not God say...be ye holy for I am holy?

Pompous, arrogance nope. I do not have the time to chit chat my time away. I refuse to consider any ones position? Have you listened to yourself?

Do I imagine I know all the gospel no. I am still seeking, knocking and asking.

Much of my post....I write as I listen.

You are accusing me of many things and are publicly condemning me, even after I have said that I am always meaning to speak generally. I do not hold it against you at this time that you are feeling the way you do. ...but listen and take heed...the fruits do manifest what we are. And it is written...

Revelation 12:10 - And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night

Micheal the Archangel who is greater than all of us in might and power and wisdom...did not dare to bring an accusation even against the Devil.

Jude 1:9 0 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

Do you remember why the Lord called Judas a devil. If we do those things that devils do...who are we? And who is our master?

We can judge the act of divorcing, the act of killing, of Stealing etc. But we do not need to judge the person doing those things. For GOD is the judge of us all.

bert10

*Sigh* Didn't listen to a single thing I was saying.

I CONDEMN YOUR ACTS OF SELF AGGRANDIZING, VEILED ATTEMPT AT INNUENDO AND INSINUATION, PREPOSTEROUS CLAIMS OF PROPHECY, SUBTLE JUDGMENTS AND ALL HIDING BEHIND A MASS OF SCRIPTURAL REFERENCES THAT MAKE LITTLE SENSE.

You can say you do not judge all you want. You can say you are a humble person. But, as you point out, "by their fruits ye shall know them." Well, your fruits taste nasty and your words are poison. I tried to be reasonable and understanding last night but you just threw it all back in my face because you CANNOT BE WRONG, YOU HAVE THE SCRIPTURES! You know nothing of the spirit. You know nothing of the Gospel. You have shown yourself to be void of compassion and charity. You are like those of old, hanging on to the words and letters of the law and not the spirit.

And all you have to give is more confused garbage in response.

Can someone please tell me if there is, and how I can put him on my ignore list so I don't have to deal with this maniacal drivel anymore.